looking for ideas to compile folder for client to 'present' to jw mil...

by orbison11 8 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

hi all

been going thru the 'best of' thread,,,

just wondering,,any ideas of what i could compile that a 'wordly' client of mine could use to 'confront' her irritating jw mother in law

she has set up a time to finally give it to her

she has a 3 yr old son, who she does not want the mil to ever have overnight , etc,,as she knows how she is with her 'religion'

i have the un and the pedophile escapades,,,any thoughts?

thanks

orbi

• needproof
    needproof

Hi,

I'd focus on the scandals, although I am pretty sure that dubs would not want to listen to anybody who has never been part of the org anyway.

• orbison11
    orbison11

guess i forgot that important part

my clients hubby was raised a jw,,,they (her,hubby,3 yr old son) tolerate jw family, especially the neurotic mother

now my client has had it and had arranged to meet her,,,,the mother does not know she will come bearing a folder of info, etc

thanks for answering anyway

orb

• needproof
    needproof

Interesting point, why not do a print out of parts 1-4 at this page :

http://www.freeminds.org/history/history.htm

Many, many dates for false prophecy - and I bet she would not realize that they ever said these things

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Hi Orbison,

For me, one of the biggies is that the Org states that Jesus is not the Mediator for the "Great Crowd" (those that don't have the heavenly hope). He is Mediator only for the 144,000. I have a feeling though that most witnesses don't truly realize that.

The bible states:

1 Tim.2:5,6; "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all"

Yet their literature states:

Watchtower 1979 April 1 p.31 "Is Jesus the "mediator" only for anointed Christians?…… So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointed Christians.……The "great crowd" of "other sheep" that is forming today is not in that new covenant. However, by their associating with the "little flock" of those yet in that covenant they come under benefits that flow from that new covenant."
    Watchtower 1979 November 15 p.27 Benefiting from "One Mediator Between God and Men""They recognize that they are not spiritual Israelites in the new covenant mediated by Jesus Christ, nor part of the "chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation."——1 Pet. 2:9. 24 Yet they do benefit from the operation of the new covenant. They benefit from this just as, in ancient Israel, the "alien resident" benefited from residing in among the Israelites who were in the Law covenant.—Ex. 20:10; Lev. 19:10, 33, 34; Rev. 7:9-15. 25 To keep in relationship with "our Savior, God," the "great crowd" needs to remain united with the remnant of spiritual Israelites."

Watchtower 1989 August 15 pp.30-31 Questions From Readers "Is Jesus the Mediator only for spirit-anointed Christians or for all mankind, since 1 Timothy 2:5, 6 speaks of him as the "mediator" who "gave himself a corresponding ransom for all"? The Bible contains both basic teachings and deep truths, which are solid food for study ……To grasp what Paul is saying, we must first appreciate that the Bible sets out two destinies for faithful humans: (1) perfect life on a restored earthly paradise and (2) life in heaven for Christ’s "little flock," numbering 144,000. Clearly, then, the new covenant is not a loose arrangement open to all mankind. It is a carefully arranged legal provision involving God and anointed Christians.This should help us to understand 1 Timothy 2:5, 6. Here the reference to "mediator" was made after the five other occurrences of the word in letters written earlier. Hence, Timothy would have understood Jesus’ mediatorship to be His legal role connected with the new covenant. ……Consequently, 1 Timothy 2:5, 6 is not using "mediator" in the broad sense common in many languages. It is not saying that Jesus is a mediator between God and all mankind. …… The apostle John referred to these at 1 John 2:2. But he indicated that others too will receive the benefit of Christ’s sacrifice: "He is a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not for ours only but also for the whole world’s."Those of ‘the whole world’ are all who will gain eternal life in a restored earthly paradise. Millions of such approved servants of God now have that earthly hope. ……"

Hope this helps.

• orbison11
    orbison11

thanks guys

i am compiling, along with what you recommended

she even wanted to video it all to see her mil face,,,and her hubby, raised a jw is all for it

they are fed up with her baloney,,,and trying to get their 3 yr old son for a visit so as to get him to the hall

sheesh

wendy

• blondie
    blondie

I suggest discussing only one topic thoroughly specifically aimed with the knowledge of that person's past concerns about what the WTS has said and done. Almost all jws think about one even if they don't say anything to others.

Then develop that topic. Practice with the person, playing the part of the jw before they go, so they know what to do and say when the typical jw counterargument comes up. Lawyers do this all the time.

But remember what you want to accomplish: open their eyes, or establish your boundaries re the WTS, etc.

Blondie

• orbison11
    orbison11

thanks all, esp blondie

that is what i will do,,i am going to compile the folder tonight,,practice tomorrow and let her 'go at her' on sat

will let you all know how it goes

wendy

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

MacGregor Ministries do an excellent CD called "Watchtower Dictionary" - it has scans of all the major doctrinal conflicts.

Is there any chance that you could upload your folder here as a PDF or scans - we are all interested.

Good luck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit