Does anyone know me?

by crashfire451 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• crashfire451
    crashfire451

After reading about people recognizing other people on the board, I'm curious. I figure with the thousands of people on this site there's a small chance I might find someone I used to be close to. So here goes.

My name is Christian Johnson. I grew up in the Landsdale, PA area but moved to the Woodbury, CT congregation in 1989. I then moved to the West Chester, OH (near Cincy) congregation in 1992. I faded in 1998 and moved to Myrtle Beach for a couple of years where I met two dancers who used to be witnesses.....that was wild. Since then I've lived in Cincy again...Roanoke, VA...Va. Beach, VA....and then joined the Marine Corps in 2001 and was stationed in Yuma, AZ when I wasn't overseas. I now live in Austin, TX.

So....does anyone know me?

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Sorry. Don't know ya, but maybe with all the places you've been, I've passed you in a car!!!!! Hope you find an old friend. Happy Trails, Kitten Whiskers

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

Don't know you, but OOHRAH!!!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Sorry, the name's not familiar. But I used to attend the Bethel, Ohio congregation near Cincy.

Dave

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Roanoke, VA

When I was a JW a friend and I drove over to that area from the SE Texas / Louisiana area. This was around 1997 I guess. We were going there so he could meat meet a chick he met online. I think her name was was Sherry or something like that. (I remember because he would quote that old commercial "Sherry is so very..." when talking about her.)

They ended up breaking up.

Would these events ring a bell?

(Crumpet... I threw in that meat just for you.)

• crashfire451
    crashfire451

Thanks for responding guys. I figure eventually I'll find someone from one of my old congregations. It'd be nice to catch up and relate stories from those times. We'll see.

Elsewhere, the name Sherry doesn't sound familiar, but I dated an exjw I met online who lived in Roanoke. Her name was Ashley, though. Beautiful area, great place for hiking and camping. We moved together from there to Va. Beach after little under a year, but I miss the area.

• poppers
    poppers

I only know you as a brother Marine. Semper Fi!

• DJK
    DJK

I found old friends from the KH days. Knowing thier full name, family names and previous addresses, combined with thier school and graduation year, I searched reunion.com and classmates.com. I was very successful.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I know you sweetie!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• Funchback
    Funchback

I don't know you, but I know people who know you. When I rolled with the Dubs I went to Oreland, PA. But the Gehring's were prominent Lansdalians. Bill Gehring....the only elder I knew who would openly spit out cuss words and have evryone cracking the hell up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit