J-dubs all about appearances

by Trippin2962 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Trippin2962
    Trippin2962

I've read a number of post here that make the point that as a J-dub a lot of decisions are based on appearances and not real christian love. For example when one commits a sin the elders view as worthy of DF'ing they may or may not DF' the person depending on how many people know about their "sin". If no one really knows about it the elders will sometimes only privately reprove such a person.

This is so wrong! Especially in the case where a woman (girl) gets pregnant. She is always "automatically" DF'd because people know or will eventually know of her "sin". Instead of whether "God" truly sees that this person is "repentent" or not, they consider how "people" will view her and the "organization". I have known many cases where the girl is automatically DF'd in a case like this , but the (JW) guy involved with her is not DF'd at all (just privately reproved)-- mainly because his belly will not be showing the evidence of his "sin". How can they possibly justify this? It should be (as they say) if a person is "repentent" they should show mercy and just talk to them and readjust their thinking.

Personally, I still believe in God even though I am no longer a JW and I believe he can forgive your sins in an instant by prayer alone. I don't believe a person needs a body of elders to determine if they are sorry for what they've done. That's one reason I don't believe in the the whole DFing process. And on top of that, a person has to wait 6 months or 1 year to even be considered for reinstatement! That's such a load of BS. I dont believe God himself has a timetable like that for forgiveness. I believe he can forgive in an instant. Its all man made rules as far as I'm concerned.

If the elders were truly only interested in helping people and trying to determine their hearts and based their decisions on such, they would not have such an unfair rule as this. I have a close JW relative that this has recently happen to. She got pregant and was DF'd but the guy was not. Also 3 years ago the same thing happened with a close cousin. This is so unfair!!!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yes it's true.

Now look in the mirror and promise yourself that you'll never, ever go back to that life-sucking cult.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Trippin,

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, it is extreemly unfair, and unChrist like for sure! They are trying to put themselves between the sinner and Christs sacrafice. How can they read the heart condition? Jesus and Jehovah can..but can they?? NO! Cordilla (another poster) just got reinstated and she said that it just proved to her that they don not have gods backing. Becasue she only went throught the steps to go back to turn around and fade. So she could still have a relationsip with her family. Another poster said his roommate celebrated his reinstatement with a cigarette! Proving again..Jehovah spirit DOES NOT DIRECT these ones as they claim. So who in the WORLD do they think they are to try and prevent Jesus shed blood from covering a sin..and only forgiveness scan take place when they feel the timing is just right..and in their pee size brains may just be NEVER for some poor souls! Thank goodness you have been drawn out by Jesus and Jehovah. We look forward to hearing more from you!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey Trippin,

Welcome to JWD - If you ever have second thoughts about this religion cult, come back here and read this post!!

nj

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Welcome!

Such an excellent observation.

It all sums up to, come on people, you know the words, sing along...

"by their traditions they make the word of God...."

Anyone?

INVALID!

God is love, they are arbitrary and controlling.

Roller

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

What a fine example of modern-day Pharisees. For this same reason Jehovah "loves a cheerful giver" yet still he'll accept your "grudgingly given" field service hours. Why does your heart condition not matter in that instance?

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

What a true example of modern-day Pharisees. For the same reason, Jehovah loves a "cheerful giver" yet still he'll accept your "grudgingly given" field service hours. Doesn't your heart condition count then?

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Stupid double post ...

• flipper
    flipper

Trippin'- it's true, it is all about appearance and who sees what. My son knew a girl who had sex outside of marriage with a elders son. The teenage girl got dfed but the elders son got privately reproved. The girl was so depressed she was suicidal. She later got her life together and married another young man. But as the old expression goes , "it's not what you know it's who you know" that get's you off in the jw organization. Sucks, but it's a witless fact of life. Mr. Flipper Peace out.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

There was a guy who we called the sperminator because he got a couple of the girls in the hall pregnant and he NEVER got df'd. We found out later how he got away with it. When they called him in to the JC he said 1) she used her body as a weapon against me and I was weak; 2) it happened only once (with at least that girl); and 3) he cried. He told a couple of his guy friends that he could turn the water works on and off at will. He told the guys that if you cry you can get away with anything. Both girls got df'd but he did not! How do you like them apples. Yes, he is long gone from both the religion and his kids' lives. Nice dude!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit