not so harsh nowadays in conning u into witnessing???

by pippy 2 Replies latest jw friends

• pippy
    pippy

I was talking to my mum yesterday, who has been sick for about a year and hasnt been to a meeting in 8 months, due to having most of her stomach removed and esophegus because of a malignant tumor. She says she doesnt want to go back for a while because she might get sick from the germs in the aircon and all the people , i think this is valid, coming from her , but i think there is more to it.

She said that a couple fo elders went over for a sheparding call the other night and went through a computer print out on persistance. ??she was saying how lovely it was and they dont talk about anything nasty , or too deep and haunting. My ? is did they used to talk nasty and haunting to her, is she still staying with them because she is scared?? i dont know, just thought it was an odd way of decribing them. these elders also said that old pioneers get really depressed when they cannot pioneer anymore , so even if they only do 4 hours a month they are still considered pioneers to make them feel better. And in other words, making sure they still rave on to everyone about the troof even if they are too sick to walk. wether that be telephone witnessing or some other method.

i think they just went to her house because she hasnt been putting in any hours for them,,, she doesnt see it like that , she think s they care about her?? well the elders anyway

She did go to a bookstudy about 3 weeks ago with alot of courage, but when she got there , no one at all seemed thrilled to see her, or even notice she had been gone. She told me that pioneers who she considered life long friends , havnt even rung her to see how she is ,and she knows they know she has had cancer, she thinks now that they pretend to care ,but dont really . and i think she may finnally be seeing the true colours of the jws but its a while to go yet. She still sticks up for them alot.she says now she doesnt care what ppl think of her and she is going to do any thing she wants that makes her happy. I say good for her. I think she is starting to use her brain again after 40 years of jw land.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

poor thing - cancer and surgery and faithless friends. She must be suffering from all sorts of feelings - including abandonment and grief. I'm glad you are there for her.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Don't you love the "love from the congo"?????

I glad she had you there for support. Sometimes sickly persons just need someone to show they care about them, they know you can't heal them, but having somone the honestly cares about you can mean all the difference!!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit