Question from local council regarding minorities and equality - stupid

by needproof 4 Replies latest jw friends

• needproof
    needproof

I received this letter today from the local council which asked me to fill out a questionnaire regarding the color of my skin etc. The letter said that "In order for us to offer the greatest service possible to all people, regardless of (insert bullshit here), please fill out this form"

But my question is this: If they are planning on treating everybody the same, why should it matter?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

You are right. It shouldn't matter. The reason they want you to "check here" what category you think you belong to is that it is about political representation. This is where they are going with this whenever they need to know this stuff.

LHG

• JeffT
    JeffT

Describe yourself as "human being" and let them figure it out.

• Clam
    Clam

Needproof that's a favourite of the NHS in their forms. I suppose in their case it allows them to consider cultural and religous issues when providing care, but I'm not sure what the council would want it for. Slightly changing the subject the locals in my pub were all moaning about a job advert in the local paper which was in Polish only. No one actually knew if it was legal but it's an ideal way to whip up resentment.

Clam

• needproof
    needproof

I agree, it only serves to wind people up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit