Dating sum1 who's a non-believer

by remziie 7 Replies latest jw friends

• remziie
    remziie

Yeah I no...but I can't help it...i really want to get sum feed back from y'all...

Have u ever dated sum1 who's not a Jehovah's Witness???...

I dunno...I need sum help....

remziie

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

are you still a witness?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Welcome to the board REMZIIE:

no...only dated once, a JW... got dumped by her.... now, even though still an active (but fading JW), I would only date a nonbeliever going forward.

I dont believe it fair to a JW girl to have her involved with a so-called "weak" brother (myself). It would only cause her problems down the line with her JW friends/family.

I dont believe it fair to ME to date a JW girl because there will be more and more pressure for me to get both feet back IN the Troof.

Just my opinion for myself. Don't know what if anything that means for your situation. There was a thread started by LindaLu. In her case SHE was the nonbeliever and HE was the witness. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/20/135144/2406815/post.ashx#2406815. But the replies are good for you to read.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "not dating a JW anymore" Sheep Class)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

All but one of the women I was involved with non JWs. I married the only JW I ever dated. Big mistake.

W

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Yep. Still happily married ten years later.

FBF

• blondie
    blondie

Two points:

If you are a JW or were, are you out totally, never to go back.

Is he a JW or was, is he out totally, never to go back.

I was a JW (inactive) when I dated a nonbeliever (what a word!)

He ended up becoming a JW and dragging me back. But the plan was flawed. The same old problems with cruel, unloving treatment from the only true Christians on earth raised its head.

Now we are both gone, permanently.

Consider

blood transfusions if you have children or want to raise children together

What about holidays and birthdays?

Do you want to be married to a JW who is obligated to be gone 5 hours a week at meetings adding 3 hours travel and preparation to that, and 2 hours a week pushing WT publications. What time will be left for you and any children?

Did you know that the WTS tells married people what kind of sexual practices are permitted? Do you want the elders in your bedroom?

Blondie (be sure to talk together about your goals, regardless of your religious status; don't match, keep looking)

• esw1966
    esw1966

Welcome to the board!

I'm dating a person who is not a jw and I think she is GREAT!

Best to you!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I am dating about 5 babes ... all non witnesses... i love it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit