Just watching my daughter's High School video yearbook with her . . .

by Madame Quixote 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

. . . and thinking how normal they all look and act - having all kinds of worldly fun, very unself-consciously. My daughter is so happy with getting a copy of the video yearbook from her digital video prodcutions class at a discount . . . it's cool to actually see her participating in all the wacky events she spent hours throughout the school year preparing for the night or week before: the school spirit week, tacky day, the prom; the many friends and social events. It's just so lovely to see her and her school mates' smiling faces, laughing, dancing, playing - with no thought of "bad associations" or how to please jehovah. She seems so happy. Graduation is in 8 days!

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

I rejoice that your daughter had the opportunity to have a somewhat "normal" life. Our kids did not. The folks that got out early enough for thier children to be raised with the chance of education, recreation, and a future detached from this destructive, morbid, depressing, dead end cult with very fortunate.

I damn the arrogance and selfishness of the Presidents and GB that created the enviroment my children were raised in. I have some great kids. If they had had the opportunities to truely develope outside this cult.....no telling the results.....

Wishing you and your daughter a continued bright future,

V

• Open mind
    Open mind

My hat is off to you Madame!!

I wish my parenting circumstance didn't include the ever-present Black Cloud of the Borg.

Having said that, I think my wife and I are doing a pretty good job of not messing our kids up too badly. Just the other night, we attended a school concert that included one of my kids playing a song that was all about Chinese New Year. HORRORS!!! I can't believe my loyal-dub wife sat there and didn't bat an eyelash.

I know......... That's pretty tiny, compared to the freedom your daughter is enjoying. Oh well, one day at a time. I share your joy and salute you!!

Open Mind

• Open mind
    Open mind

Ooops, almost forgot too mention..........

WE BLEW OFF THE TMS & SERVICE MTNG TO ATTEND!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Man did that feel good!

Open Mind

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Good for you Mdm!

I'm also glad that my own daughter is free to make a lot of her own choices, without having to suffer those ridiculous and narrow restrictions that were imposed on a lot of us as kids.

tim

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Thanks for the nice replies, guys! I have been very busy this past week with work and with my daughter's graduation stuff. She graduated last Saturday! Wee hah! I had to look at the diploma several times to make sure it was real. We went out to dinner with friends to celebrate at one to the best restaurants in town and spent a ridiculous amount of money and have no regrets. She started her new work schedule yesterday - 6:30 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. Yikes, we are NOT morning people. Anyhoo, life is good and summer's here and I'm looking forward to a weekend of doing just what I want to do, just for me - no FS, no preaching, no JW crapola. Thanks again.

• free2think
    free2think

Good for you Madame and your daughter. It must feel really good to be able to see her actually enjoying school and participating fully free from all those crazy restrictions and rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit