No internet connection!!!

by bluebell 7 Replies latest jw friends

• bluebell
    bluebell

Wont be on in the evenings until computer is fixed (some problem with the server which internet provider and phone operator are unable to fix, been offline for 5 days so far)

So I only have access at work and thats not private at all - people can see you and the screen. It's lunchtime at the moment so most out the office and I've been surfing but only scratched the surfance of today let alone all I've missed.

I'm out of the office alot and will be out for 3 weeks from 4 June. Hope the home connection doesn't take much longer to fix, I'm pining(sp?) for JWD!

Now I'm really blue :(

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Welcome to my world. I live in the jungle, and these folks could screw up falling off a chair pissed drunk.

Look forward to seeing you when you are back.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I'm pining(sp?) for JWD!

Awwwwwwww. That sounds so nostalgic bluebell.

• free2think
    free2think

Ah you poor thing Bluebell. I thought you were very quiet recently. I hope it gets fixed quickly.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Awww... I hope they get it fixed soon!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

I understand your problem is not with your computer but the internet service providers. Depending on where you live you can try using some internet cafes, nowadays they are quite cheap. Or if your PC is portable and set up for wireless connection a wifi hotspot in the area.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Poor Bluebell! I sympathise with your internetlessness!!!

What you wrote made me wonder though.

You've been offline for 5 days already and it's the ISP's server at fault? If an ISP's server goes down, surely they should get it fixed quicker than that - especially if it's one of the big suppliers. Don't they have a back-up server that they can switch you to?

Maybe there's an internet techie out there somewhere who knows

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Bluebell,

I know the feeling!!! I don't have a computer at home at the moment, so when I'm at work I'm on all day long.

Thankfully I have my own office so it's pretty private!!

Try not to withdraw too much

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit