Owyergoin with ya strine lessons? Orright. Goodonya.
Today's lesson features the use of the word 'put' when you are feeling you'd like to rebuke someone. (Surely not at an Aussie BBQ!)
1. put a cork (sock) in it!...........shut up!
2. put on a dingo act......to behave in a cowardly way
3. put the bite on......to ask for a loan, put the fangs in
4. put the boot in...attack, especially someone who's already down
5. put the hard word on...to ask for a loan, to make an unwelcome sexual suggestion
6. put the mockers on....to frustrate someone's plans, to jinx someone
7. put up your docks!.....a challenge to a fisticuff fight
OK, that's all for this lesson.
Look out for the next lesson: The miscellaneous "D" words
Have you heard about the BBQ? Sunday October 21st is the day we gather together to enjoy good conversation, food and drinks.
E-mail [email protected] for more details.
"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."