Anyone know where to find a site for newspaper frontpage for date of birth?

by Alana 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Alana
    Alana

Well, one of the ladies in my office is turning 60 this week and we are having a surprise party for her and am putting together a wall of all kinds of pictures, trivia, fashion, facts, etc., from 1947. I found once a newspaper archive where you could put in your date of birth and get the front page for that day in a picture or .pdf file format. I thought that was cool....and it was free. I know I used to the site bookmarked.

However, I went to my bookmarked sites and couldn't find this site and I can't for the life of me remember which newspaper it was or anything. I've tried Google searchs, but cannot find what I had before....either nothing or things you need to purchase. I determined that my bookmarked site was probably on my old laptop (may it Rest in Peace....), so I wondered if anyone knew of any such site?? I know it's a long shot, but I thought I would try.

I've found online magazine covers in online archives and all kinds of facts, trivial, costs, fashions, etc. for this week in 1947, so I won't die if I find this information, but it is just driving me crazy because I KNOW I've seen it before......you know, if I don't find it for the party, I will probably keep searching just because now it is a challenge! LOL :-)

anyway, if anyone can help, I'd sure appreciate it!!

• CaptainSchmideo
  • juni
    juni

That's amazing!! Thanks Captain! How do you find these sites?

Juni

• Alana
    Alana

That's a cool site, but the site I lost was for an actual newspaper front page scan for that date. Thank you!!

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Sometimes the catalogs "Wireless" or "Signals" offer such newspapers, perhaps their online websites offer the same things?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

These might help:

http://www.ibiblio.org/slanews/internet/archives.html

http://www.newspaperarchive.com/

Not all the papers on the first site go as far back as you want and some you have to pay for but there are some that are old and free! Just thought it might be some help if you're really stuck!

I can't work out how to use the second one but maybe you can! I didn't see anything that says you have to subscribe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit