TV Show "Survivor" is like the average congregation how?....

by SnakesInTheTower 0 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Morning all....

So I was replying on another thread to ninja about his Big Brother addiction (I am assuming the TV Show) and that got me to thinking about the TV show "Survivor".

That show, to me, is so much like congregation politics it is not funny. Here is condensed version of the conversation I once had at the KH before a meeting with the PO of one congo I was in:

Snakes: "Brother M, have you ever seen "Survivor" on TV?" Brother M: "Once, but its on our book study night." Snakes: "But you are familiar with the basic concept, right?" Brother M: "Yes." Snakes: "Well, I love that show. I tape it every week and watch it later. I got to thinking that this congo reminds me of what happens on that show." Brother M (with quizzical look on his furrowed brows): "What do you mean Brother Snake?" Snake: "Wellll....all of the gossip, slander, back biting, etc that goes on during that show on the island is just like here...and if you say something about it, you get voted off the island." Brother M (expression changing to irritation): "Brother Snake, I dont think that is a very good thing to say about Jehovah's congregation." Snake: "Just like Jeff (the moderator/instigator) on the show, maybe Jehovah is just sitting back and watching it all happen. He obviously is not doing much about the stuff happening here." Brother M: "That's a poor attitude on your part. Just Wait On Jehovah. Maybe that is why " Snakes: "yeahhh...ok..." (as I slithered away since the meeting was starting). (And maybe why I finally got voted off the Elder Island a few months back???? )

So my question to you is: How is the congregation you were in like that Survivor show?

SnakesInTheTower (of the "voted off the island" Sheep Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit