dual fullfillment of prophesies

by logic 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• logic
    logic

Does anyone here know how the WTC came up with the type and antitype of prophesies. For instance the great tribulation. Matt 24 says that there would be a great tribulation like never before and will never be again. If that were true, which the society admits happened before and including the destruction of Jerusalem, how could there be another one? They talk about it all the time but I have never seen any explanation for it. This may have been discussed before but I haven't seem to have come across it yet.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Matt 24 says that there would be a great tribulation like never before and will never be again. If that were true, which the society admits happened before and including the destruction of Jerusalem, how could there be another one?

Lol! That's thinkng up to your nickname...

I suppose the pattern of "dual fulfillment" might be directly traced back to adventism, and further to the Christian and Biblical use of reinterpreting prophecies deemed as "unsatisfactorily fulfilled". Daniel 9 does that already to Jeremiah 25...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Matt 24 says that there would be a great tribulation like never before and will never be again. If that were true, which the society admits happened before and including the destruction of Jerusalem, how could there be another one?

Devastating logic, logic!

I'm embarrassed to have ever believed any of this stuff.

• blondie
    blondie

antitypical or typical

major and minor

major and miniature

primary and secondary

latter-day or modern-day

initial and final

dual fulfillment

physical or spiritual

complete or partial

small-scale or large-scale

greater and final

WTS terms

• greendawn
    greendawn

The Bible talks about types and antitypes so they do exist but the WTS has gon ecompletely overboard finding them everywhere. The idea is that a lot of the antitypes refer to them so as to give them validity see how many biblical characters foreshadow the coming of the FDS of the JWs who is in effect their Governing Body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit