"Settlements" : Silentlambs Video on Channel 4 News

by AlphaOmega 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AlphaOmega
  • hubert
    hubert

It has, but that's okay. I needed to copy it, so thanks to you, it was easier to find.

Hubert

• ninja
    ninja

I thought the bit where the Jehovah's witness says..."you haven't been invited on this property" is hilarious.......now they know how it feels

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

OOPS - Sorry again.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>"you haven't been invited on this property" is hilarious.......now they know how it feels

Yeah, that irony was pretty sweet!

That poor elder had to be sweatin' bullets, thinking back to all the letters he's read from the Society about not letting people on the property, stalling, insisting on search warrants and what not. The evil apostates were at the very door of the Temple, and he alone stood guard.

Funny how he (and I, if I were still a JW) doesn't make the connection that "having something to hide" indicates a problem!

Dave

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Just the fact there were settlements made and probably many more to come, and it's in the news, and it's confirmed by a Watchtower lawyer.... so they can get up on the stage at the district convention and actually say "we are so much better, we don't have the sort of problems they have in other religions". I took that to mean they don't have pedophiles and lawsuits. I'm sure most everyone else did too. Lying liars.

Why don't they just come clean and say... "this has happened, that has happened. we are sorry for the pain and damage this has caused for people. we have changed our policies because we don't want this to happen again". Why are they so scared of that? They say they are not infallible, but they don't believe it and they don't want anyone else to think it, either.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    I thought the bit where the Jehovah's witness says..."you haven't been invited on this property" is hilarious.......now they know how it feels

I laughed at that too, more 'ammo' if they ever dare to knock on my door...

Why don't they just come clean and say... "this has happened, that has happened. we are sorry for the pain and damage this has caused for people. we have changed our policies because we don't want this to happen again". Why are they so scared of that? They say they are not infallible, but they don't believe it and they don't want anyone else to think it, either.

Because that would be admitting their guilt, they're terrified of all the other victims coming forward with more lawsuits... Serves them right. They're not much better than corporations such as James Hardie. I've been contacting various oz media about this, no coverage here that I know of yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit