WT/AWAKE mags MP3s ON CD

by Will Power 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Will Power
    Will Power

anyone seen this yet?

I just did - insert blank stare face here, then puke face here, then angry face here.

I think they are by the month - only for the rich and famous? or is this the new trend?

wp

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

I don't know how long they've been available but a new one is produced and made available once a year. The CD (mine is 2005) has all the WT issues from 1950 and the Awake from 1970, plus the NWT Bible, the KM's, YB's, and most of the modern books.

Someone here announced the 2006 version perhaps a month ago. Free for downloading (that is absolutely not endorsed by the WT).

They're probably available at the literature counter for some $20, but that's a guess.

Len Miller

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

fatfreek

willpower is talking about the audio cassette readings of the current Craptower and Asleep! magazines. Cassettes are going the way of the dodo bird (a friend of mine at Bethel used to work in tape duplication...he said the Borg had trouble getting magnetic tape, sometimes 2-3 days with no production...everyone is getting out of that business). It was announced either late last year or early this year cassettes were ending soon. The audio versions of the magazines are now on CD in MP3 format (as well as still in regular CD format). They put two mags on each disk in MP3 format (same source at Bethel said they could put 4 or 5 mags on one disk, but they would get too far ahead).

I am still getting them, but now they are just becoming drink coasters. I need to go ahead and just end those when I cut my magazine order back from 6 each to 3 each.

SnakesInTheTower (of the non listening to the MP3 Sheep Class)

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

willpower is talking about the audio cassette readings

Ah, yes -- MP3 was in the heading of this thread. Thanks for pointing that out Sankes ... er, SnakesInTheTower.

Len Miller

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks to Snakes.... BTW (not wishing to change subject but...) A friend has got from the Lit desk the MP3 c/d's of the NWT Bible. It came with absolutely no instructions and the technophobes at the Hall were unable or unwilling to tell her how to use the discs. I am afraid I cannot help either . They do not seem to be recognized by a media player on the computer..

Any body able to give "idiots guide" instructions as to how to get the content of the MP3 disc into a media player so that it can be exported to an ipod or whatever???

Any help greatly appreciated..

• Will Power
    Will Power

BTTT

sorry blues bro, I'd ask but we had a bit of a spat today.
    Watched that Knocking show last night. Spouse was not impressed and a little testy - we both are I guess.

wp

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sorry Will Power, I had to chuckle at that ...How many times have I been there??? I know exactly what you mean, hold on in there

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit