Does anyone remember this? Murdered JWs in Illinois?

by Crooked Lumpy Vessel 2 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

It was a long time ago....maybe about 10 years or so I was traveling to the state of Illinois on business. On the local news I saw a 21 year old red headed boy who had murdered his mother and step father when he was 17. After which he had raped his dead mother. They were JWs and I remember the news media surrounding the Kingdom Hall where brothers and sisters scrambled around like mice.

I believe she was pretty wealthy. Anyway, his attorneys had plea bargained and he was only charged for the murder of his step father and not the mother. It just so happened that when he had turned 21 he was entitled to inherit his mothers estate of millions. I remember the news media was hounding this kid and asking him why he was doing this and his reply was "it was my attorneys idea". I know people were outraged at the legal system because the plea bargain was manipulated with an alterior motive of attorneys making mega bucks for themselves and a murderer profiting from his victim.

When I returned to Virginia I never found out what the outcome was. I cant remember the boys name and the injustice of the legal system haunts me till this day.

Anyone remember?

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Can't remember the name of the kid but i was there at the funeral for the mom and dad. I think Nowman here on JWD would be able to fill you in more since I think she went to the same Hall as he did!

• Nowman
    Nowman

You should be able to get all the discussion information just by looking at my post history! my parents were the ones that found Paul and Sandy Carlson, yes Willie Carlson went to my congregation in Libertyville, IL at the time...it was a crazy time for us all...I am not aware of Sandy being his step mom though, there were things that happened to Willie as a child, but those are just rumors...all hearsay. Willie and I were the same age, he actually told on me all the time in Highschool. Because of Willie, when I was 16 years old, my mom and dad beat the shit out of me and then my mom wanted a go at me, and she cut 8 inches off my hair to give me some humility.

Nikki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit