Towing Jehovah

by Threestars 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• Threestars
    Threestars

Has anyone read the book Towing Jehovah by James Morrow?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Jehovah`s car broke down???..You would think the WBT$ would get him a decent car that runs..Or..At least get him a membership at an Auto Club.....Is Jehovah going to have to take the bus?..Or worse yet,have to hitchhike.Only to be picked up by a JW Pedophile and be molested on a deserted country road???..Oh the Horror!..Is there no one that can save Jehovah?!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    .....Is Jehovah going to have to take the bus?

Isn't that a line in a Joan Osborne song?

• ninja
    ninja

It might be the wrong spelling of toeing Image and video hosting by TinyPic

edited to reduce picture size and prevent thread scrolling ~ Scully

• Threestars
    Threestars

It's not about a car. It's about God dying, falling into the ocean and a ship towiing his body to the arctic at the behest of "angels". It's an interesting religious satire. I thought someone else might have read it.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Threestars, please forgive the jokes at the expense of your thread. Nothing personal. It's just that the name Jehovah makes most of us crack up.

In reality, I've wanted to read that book for some time now. Thanks to you, I will.

I'll let you know what I think.

Thanks for the interesting thread.

• Threestars
    Threestars

Hi nvr, thanks, and I wasn't offended. The name of the book made me crack up, too.

What they said about the car reminded me of that old JW joke about what kind of car God drives. I guess it's a Pontiac, based on a scripture in Job, I think, that has Jah saying something like, "I will pursue them with my Tempest."

Maybe his Pontiac broke down...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit