Physical Chemistry

by Thinking of Leaving 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

Just how important is chemistry in maintaining a long term relationship? I mean what if you really love this person or atleast think you do, he treats you well, is educated, has ambition, he's everything you want in a man but you're not really that attracted to him. Your heart doesn't skip a beat when he kisses you

• ninja
    ninja

chemistry is important...especially if you want a test tube baby with him

• Open mind
    Open mind

Chemistry is very important. You can't make it up or "develop" it. It's either there or it's not. Chemistry is hard to define, but it's at least partly infatuation.

Having said that, if the chemistry's there, but there are other red flags dropping right and left, get out of there.

My qualifications? Been married well over a decade now. That's about it.

Open Mind

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

hmm lol, I know it's important but is it that important to end things with someone just because you don't find him sexually appealing? keep in mind he's a great man! will the chemistry come later on?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Yep, it's that important. When the sex is good, it's a small, but very important part of a good relationship.

If the sex is bad or nonexistant it becomes a big issue.

I was head over heels in "like" with a great woman when I was younger. She had a lot of great qualities and we shared a lot of common interests. Problem was there was no "spark" there. I don't think there was from her side either.

We're both very glad we didn't try to "make the shoe fit".

Open Mind

• Carmel
    Carmel

Both of my older sons married into cultures that have for centuries existed on "arranged" marriages. My daughters-in-law both say that very seldom is there a "spark" as you call it, but many times that develops with time. Can't imagine it myself, but I guess it is possible. Personally though, I've made it for 43 years mostly on "spark"!! carmel

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I always preferred Organic and Inorganic Chemistry to Physical Chemistry - all that Electrochemistry, Kinetics and Thermodynamics - too much for me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit