Not the Valid Victorian, but close

by gwyneth 2 Replies latest jw friends

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

My daughter has been attending a Lutheran private school for the past three years for middle school. Tonight she graduated from the school, and will be starting public high school in the fall.

There were only five kids total in the eighth grade. My daughter was chosen Salutitorian, having the second highest grade point average. She had to give her first speech ever. When she made the rough draft of the speech, she put "validvictorian" instead of "valedictorian," which was kinda cute and pathetic at the same time.

Here are some pics: (A proud mom just has to share )

alt

Giving the speech, with poor lighting conditions in the chapel for pictures

alt

The entire eighth grade with their homeroom teacher

alt

About to take the limo to the party, with homeroom and science teacher/volleyball/basketball coach

alt

Best friends since 3rd grade. Her friend went to public school, and my daughter CANNOT WAIT to be reunited with her best friend. They made plans tonight to ride to school together on their first day of high school.

alt

"OK, Mom, you have taken enough pictures for the night!"

She has gone from a sullen, surly, loner child to a bright, outgoing, confident child. I am so pleased with this school--it was worth every penny I had to scrape up to pay for tuition. I hope her high school experience will be just as great or better!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

CONGRATULATIONS!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

She's lovely. Congratulations.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit