Had an idea - would love help with it

by AlphaOmega 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Hi,

I was flicking through the "Reasoning Book" when it struck me that it would be good to provide scriptures / WT Quotes that refute the teachings of it.

So, the original text would be in one colour, but the counter arguments in another colour.

For example...

*** rs p. 136 False Prophets ***

Have not Jehovah’s Witnesses made errors in their teachings?Jehovah’s Witnesses do not claim to be inspired prophets. They have made mistakes. Like the apostles of Jesus Christ, they have at times had some wrong expectations.—Luke 19:11; Acts 1:6.

*** w72 4/1 p. 197 ‘They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them’ ***

He had a "prophet" to warn them. This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses.

*** rs p. 137 False Prophets ***

‘My minister said that Jehovah’s Witnesses are the false prophets’

You might reply: ‘May I ask, Did he show you anything in the Bible that describes what we believe or do and that says people of that sort would be false prophets? . . . May I show you how the Bible describes false prophets? (Then use one or more of the points outlined on pages 132-136.)’

Deuteronomy 18:22:
    22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

Anyway, you get the idea.

I am going to attempt this anyway, but would love the help and input of those here.

Any takers ?

Reasoning book is here...

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/174337/Reasoning-From-The-Scriptures-rtf.html

Thanks

• ninja
    ninja

I love that idea mate...go for it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit