ATTN WTBTS Writing Department, all active Jehovah's Witnesses & Walmart

by NYCkid 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

ATTN: WTBTS Writing Deparment: Since your publications enjoy downplaying the extraordinary value of secondary education (at a college or university), I thought you may want to include the following information in your next publication regarding "the value of education" (see the Oct 1 and 15, 2005 Watchtower and booklet entitled "Education."). And you don't have to worry about misrepresenting the following quote form the May 21, 2007, New York Times, since the message is very clear:

"Companies with lower-skilled workers have a similar problem. The Labor Department estimates that 37 percent of all new jobs in the next decade will be filled by people with a high school education or less. Of the 10 occupations expected to see the largest job growth, only two require a college degree. On-the-job training is usually enough for the other occupations, like retails sales clerks, home health aides and food service workers, the department said."

ATTN: U.S. Labor Department, Walmart, McDonalds, All Restaurants, Construction companies and The Minutemen: No worry about the current legislation in the works that may or may not allow illegal immigrants to stay and fill in the low paying jobs. There are around one million Jehovah's Witnesses in the United States, who can fill these jobs. Please contact the world headquarters of Jehovah's Witness in Brooklyn, NY for a list of nation-wide congregations where you can send job openings.

ATTN: Active JWs - the moral of the story is don't worry about going to college, there are plenty of low-paying, low-skilled jobs to go around.

My commentary: No offense to anyone, I'm being sarcastic on purpose, but there is some truth to this anyway. Besides, I would feel much better knowing that a Jehovah Witness who are know for their "high standards," ringing up my bill at Walmart, or washing my dishes when I eat out. I'll feel secure knowing that a Jehovah's Witness home health care person will care for my parents (I will have to pay for this of course with the money I earn after I graduate college,since my parents didn't get a high paying job or go to college and did not save much money for retirement since as Jehovah's Witnesses, they believed that the end of times would come in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and now in the new millenium.

I look forward to future publications on education from the WTBTS writing department.

Best regards,

NYCkid

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Well done NY...... something else you could add to that is why does the GB members seek medical attention with bundles of cash when they need it from doctors that

have spent 10 yrs in a medical school to lean their profession is this not hypocritical, these people did have academic pursuits and your taking advantage of those pursuits

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Thanks Dan,

Yes, and I know of many individuals who went to Brooklyn Bethel and were sent to college, paid by the donations to the world wide work to meet specific needs (e.g. lawyers, computer technology, etc).

Like many of the Society's antiquated and harmful policies, thier flip flopping policy on education absolutely infuriates me. My own father and siblings have declined secular education and now go from job to job, sometimes working for "brothers" who don't pay health insurance or pensions. Meanwhile, they give much of their time and money to their religion. As far as my parents are concernced, I calculated that in their lifetime, combined, they have spent over 45,000 hours in the preaching activity and thousands of dollars (new van every few years to transport the flock door to door) in vehicles, gas and donations and now they are at retirement age and have little saved.

Best,
    Jesse

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit