Thousand and One things similar to things JW do

by Marcel 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Marcel
    Marcel

Hi!

Since i started "thinking" i see thousand and one things in life that fits to JWs behaviour and which i NEVER had seen before.

Do you know the british movie "Kick It Like Beckham"? Theres a indian girl, who plays soccer in a club. Someone saw her hugging another girl (friendship) and told their parents. So she came home and everyone was upset, that she "kissed a boy" and plays soccer in a club. Even her sister blamed her that she cheats on her family. Every JW who watches that movie is on the girls side and thinks like: "what a terrible situation the girl is in".

BUT THERE ARE SO MANY SIMILARITIES WITH JWs!

Imagine a JW girl who kisses a worldy boy and plays soccer in a soccerclub.
    Its truly possible, that other JWs see her and tell her parents (or the elders directly...) and shes in merely the same situation. Her family were angry on her, everyone would play the guilt-card and she gets serious talks about her being "worldy". Depending on the elders and parents both things she did were WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. The worldly boy and even the soccer club.

In fact almost the whole situation is VERY VERY VERY likely to the situation in the movie.

So, whats the funny fact about it? 99 out of 100 JWs wouldnt notice and think theyself are sooooo intelligent, modern and in the most loving religion existing.

That isnt the only thing i notice often. There are so many things in life which every JW would label as "wrong", when its done by other religions/beliefs, but is brightly GOOOOOOD when it happens within the congregation.

Greetings
    Marcel

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Like they think its rediculous that Mormons don't drink caffine but its perfectly normal for JWs to not eat lucky charms because there is a lepricon on the front.

• Marcel
    Marcel

exactly!

• Missanna
    Missanna

lol that's true! i wasn't allowed to watch little mermaid or sleeping beauty or snow white because of the witches

• why???
    why???

WOW that is sooo true. Actually the first time i saw that movie I came to the EXACT conclusion you did ..i related to it completely and now there's a new movie call The Namesake which is supposed to be similar but i havent seen it yet i want to!

• Arthur
    Arthur

"It's terrible that the Catholic church has files on pedophiles, they need to turn them over to the authorities."

"The Society needs to keep files on pedophiles; to turn them over to the authorities would be compromising."

• Arthur
    Arthur

Herbert Armstrong was a false prophet.

Joseph Rutheford just made an honest mistake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit