I went to a wedding this morning

by RichieRich 5 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

for 2 kids who actually are only 19/20 years old.

Unfortunately, no one seemed to be thinking that was wierd / wrong / not a choice decision,

I laughed out loud when the DJ played "Only fools rush in".

ANyhow, it really reminded me of a witness wedding- reception in the community center, the electric slide, the whole shebang.

Oh well, at least I looked good.

• bluebell
    bluebell

were they religious? or am i incorrect in thinking that if you are that age you usually do not get married unless you are religious? but then i'm a bit of a cynic, maybe it will last.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Exactly, these two kids aren't religous, she's not pregnant- there's no reason for such an early wedding date...

• bluebell
    bluebell

hmm, that is odd. wonder how log they've been going out and how long they've lived together? i sometimes kinda wish i hadn't got married - i did it still in a dub frame of mind - felt more relaxed with sex in marriage and wanted my family not to have an excuse not to talk to me. maybe their parents were religious, i dunno. Whenever i mention that my sister was married at 19 people are shocked. maybe the other guests thought it was odd but obviously wouldnt say because after all its a wedding and it wouldnt be right to say that kind a thing at the actual wedding. bet they all discussed it before and after though.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

They've been dating for 4 years, and have lived together for 8 months or so.

There were a few hushed whispers at the wedding about their ages, but it was good to see everyone being very supportive.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My nephew got married last year, barely eighteen. They just announced the birth of their first child. He's a great young lad, full of energy and promise. They are both very sociable. The night before the wedding, they took the time to check in on all the out-of-town travellers that we arrived all right. Dad and I laughed about it, they are SO young, what are the ODDS that it will last? But at the same time, who knows? It's not like the marriages of the older and supposedly "wiser" in our family worked out any better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit