The 1924 Edgar Pyramid Trilogy!----PDF!

by Atlantis 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The 1924 Edgar Pyramid Trilogy! Three books in one massive volume!

What does the front cover of this book look like? Click here: http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?aa5e074183.jpg Information on the book entitled: The Great Pyramid: It's Symbolism, Science, and Prophecy by Morton Edgar. It is actually a hardcover edition of his paperback trilogy on the same subject. The titles of the trilogy are:

The Great Pyramid--Its Spiritual Symbolism (137 pages)

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?044cfa2509.jpg

The Great Pyramid--Its Scientific Features: 1914 A.D. and the Great Pyramid--Part 1 (217 pages)

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?cf19ccbdd1.jpg

The Great Pyramid--Its Time Features: 1914 A.D. and the Great Pyramid--Part II (180 pages)

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?290f13601a.jpg

These three were bound together and put in this one volume in hardcover. It was published in 1924 in Glasgow, Scotland.

Some background on Morton Edgar and his brother, John Edgar:

The Edgars were close friends of Russell and wrote many items which were circulated among the Bible Students of that era. Morton's brother John was even named in Russell's will as a possible member of the editorial committee for the Watch Tower magazine. (See the December 1, 1916 Watch Tower, Reprints p. 5999.) Interestingly, Frederick W. Franz, the fourth president of the Watchtower Society credits reading John Edgar's booklet Where are the Dead? as instrumental in helping him join the Bible Student movement. (May 1, 1987 Watchtower, p. 24).

The Edgars are best known for their 2 volume work Great Pyramid Passages. Volume One of Great Pyramid Passages was advertised for sale in the August 1, 1910 Watch Tower, Reprints, p. 4658 and could be ordered directly from the Society.Volume Two of Great Pyramid Passages was mentioned in the October 15, 1913 Watch Tower, page 306 (Reprints p. 5336) and could also be ordered directly from the Society:

Research by the Edgars was published in various Watchtower publications:

November 15, 1904 Watch Tower, Reprints, p. 3459

June 15, 1905 Watch Tower, Reprints, p. 3574

The June 1, 1910 Watch Tower, Reprints, p. 4621

August 15, 1923 Watch Tower, pp. 253-254

Edgar's works are also referred to in the December 31, 1924 Golden Age, pp. 209-211 and on pp. 163, 355, 357 of the 1923 Watch Tower.

Great Pyramid Passages is also recommended in The Finished Mystery, page 60:

These books are part of the literature which was produced in the second half of the 19th and the early part of the 20th century which sought to confirm biblical chronology with measurements inside the Great Pyramid of Egypt. This idea was accepted up until 1928 by those in association with "Judge"Rutherford and is still accepted by various Bible Student groups today.

This trilogy was written for two main reasons. 1) To present the information on the Great Pyramid in a less technical way than the massive Great Pyramid Passages volumes and 2) To counter those dissident Bible Students (primarily the Pastoral Bible Institute which was formed by the 4 ousted directors of the Watch Tower Society) who now disbelieved in the 606 BC to 1914 AD chronology. The Pastoral Bible Institute published The Herald of the Kingdom magazine which stated about 1922 that the 606 BC chronology was flawed and that the beginning of the Gentile Times should be moved up 20 years to match the generally accepted chronology of Jerusalem's destruction. That would make the end of the Gentile Times in 1934 instead of 1914. Morton Edgar wrote material for the Watch Tower magazine to defend Russell's chronology of 606 BC -1914 AD and then followed up with this volume (and some other materials not offered in this auction). So besides explaining pyramid symbolism Morton spends a lot of time defending the traditional Bible Student chronology. It is sometimes assumed that Morton Edgar at this time was not an associate of J.F. Rutherford, second president of the Watch Tower Society. At this time he was and the second volume even cites Rutherford's famous phrase: "While we believe we

are right in maintaining that all the members of the Body of

Christ are not yet joined to their Head, Jesus Christ, in glory

as spirit beings, their activity as " feet " members in publishing

the glad tidings, in publishing salvation by proclaiming that

" Millions now living will never die," and in declaring that tlze

veign of Christ is now begun, can be said to have been legally

due since 1914 A.D." (Page 77)

"In accordance with this Scripturally-supported belief, the

Lord's diligent children, thc " children of the Kingdom," have

since 1914 A.D. proclaimed, and still continue to proclaim, that

" Millions now living will never die ! " They proclaim with no

uncertain voice that '"The Kingdom of Christ has now begun ! "

They proclaim that " The old world has ended ! " and that it

came to an end in Autumn of the year 1914 A.D." (Page 107)

Page 179 of the second 1914 volume gives a suggestion of one pyramid measurement suggesting that 1928 might see something interesting (this was written in 1924): "Taking account of the leap-years,

3488 days from 12th November 1918, end on 30th May 1928,

which must be close to Pentecost of that year.

If we continue the interpretation of the first low passage to

the second low passage, this second passage could be held to

represent the final trouble upon the world, and upon the Lord's

children (I Thess. 5 : 1-6)" (Page 179)

At that time Bible Students believed that Christ had become earth's King in the year 1878. 1928 would mark 50 years of his reign.

Could the failure of anything happening in 1928 have contributed to Rutherford's discarding pyramidology later that year?

Download instructions:

Click the link below and when the next page appears scroll down to the bottom and a small (red arrow) will point to the download link.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fro6ru

Cheers! Atlantis-

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

As long as the Jehovahs Witnesses believe in dates from Russell, they still believe in the food from demons. Pyramidology is one subject the really get me mad!

Some Jehovah's Witnesses or even ex JW really do not understand this concept. They went door to door with the Finished Mystery book which was nothing more than a book about Russell's earlier books, Divine Plan of The Ages, Thy Kingdom Come,etc. These books are based on Chart of the Ages with Jesus and a pyramid together, All seeing eye. How they could measure The Great Pyramid and compare them to bible prophecy is beyond in normal minded person thinking. For example, The Jehovah's Witnesses Daniels book is a do over of They Kingdom Come with the 1914 date. The 1914 date is nothing more than measuring a pyramid. I believe they took God's name in vain and mix it with false gods, sun disk. The sun disk is nothing more than the Pharohs false gods that dated back during Moses time. Actually scholars claim it goes back to the tower of Babel during Nimrod's time. I believe christains are warned about not having any god before them but one, Jehovah God.

So why would Rutherford after knowing the facts, who claimed that Jesus came down to the temple(Bethel) to cleanse the temple from pyramidology the food from demons later go door to door with a sun disk in his hand proclaiming God's name.

The Jehovah's Witnesses claim that in 1919, they were persecuted because they did not believe in war. This might be my personal viewpoint, but did anyone ever stop to think that when Rutherford went door to door with The Finished Mystery book,food from demons, he was put in prison to be punished by Jehovah! after all they were mixing false gods with Almighty God. Hebrews were punished for the same thing.

The Jehovah's Witness still claim that if it were not for Russell the stones would cry out! (they were the 144,000) I could only think of one stone and that is the Great Pyramid of Egypt which is pagan.

Most of the modern day Jehovah's Witnesses can not even read Russell's or Rutherfords books to see how false teaching has been written into their modern books of today. They do not have a true picture of their own history.

How about if they would compare new books with Russell's and Rutherfords writings. I think most of the JW would vomit!

Yes, I do like your research on Edgar! and the modern day Jehovah's Witnesses are still going door to door with the concept,unfortunetly they just do not know it! I hope that Jehovah's Witnesses will read what you say, because it will change the way they think.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

As long as the Jehovahs Witnesses believe in dates from Russell, they still believe in the food from demons. Pyramidology is one subject the really get me mad!

Some Jehovah's Witnesses or even ex JW really do not understand this concept. They went door to door with the Finished Mystery book which was nothing more than a book about Russell's earlier books, Divine Plan of The Ages, Thy Kingdom Come,etc. These books are based on Chart of the Ages with Jesus and a pyramid together, All seeing eye. How they could measure The Great Pyramid and compare them to bible prophecy is beyond in normal minded person thinking. For example, The Jehovah's Witnesses Daniels book is a do over of They Kingdom Come with the 1914 date. The 1914 date is nothing more than measuring a pyramid. I believe they took God's name in vain and mix it with false gods, sun disk. The sun disk is nothing more than the Pharohs false gods that dated back during Moses time. Actually scholars claim it goes back to the tower of Babel during Nimrod's time. I believe christains are warned about not having any god before them but one, Jehovah God.

So why would Rutherford after knowing the facts, who claimed that Jesus came down to the temple(Bethel) to cleanse the temple from pyramidology the food from demons later go door to door with a sun disk in his hand proclaiming God's name.

The Jehovah's Witnesses claim that in 1919, they were persecuted because they did not believe in war. This might be my personal viewpoint, but did anyone ever stop to think that when Rutherford went door to door with The Finished Mystery book,food from demons, he was put in prison to be punished by Jehovah! after all they were mixing false gods with Almighty God. Hebrews were punished for the same thing.

The Jehovah's Witness still claim that if it were not for Russell the stones would cry out! (they were the 144,000) I could only think of one stone and that is the Great Pyramid of Egypt which is pagan.

Most of the modern day Jehovah's Witnesses can not even read Russell's or Rutherfords books to see how false teaching has been written into their modern books of today. They do not have a true picture of their own history.

How about if they would compare new books with Russell's and Rutherfords writings. I think most of the JW would vomit!

Yes, I do like your research on Edgar! and the modern day Jehovah's Witnesses are still going door to door with the concept,unfortunetly they just do not know it! I hope that Jehovah's Witnesses will read what you say, because it will change the way they think.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Sarah:

Thank you Sarah for your comments!

Atlantis & Nevada-

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I remember reading somewhere that 1928 was one of those years that the Bible Students had expectations for and didn't know why that was. From reading the last couple of pages from this work I understand now. 1928 would mark 50 years from when Christ took his power as King in 1878 -- a sort of Pentecost (here the day for a year thing again).

This book was published in 1924. But, Rutherford did away with the 1878 date in the June 1, 1927 Watchtower declaring that the heavenly resurrection began in 1918 instead of 1878. The Bible Students were already feeling the disappointment over 1925 and many were probably holding on to this 1928 date as a back up. So, when Rutherford did away with the 1878 date in 1927 that no doubt dashed the lingering hopes of many. I'm wondering if this explains why the huge 1928 Memorial attendance drop was so great. The 1925 Memorial attendance was over 90,000. The 1926 attendance dropped some to 89,000. There were still people holding on to their hopes for the 1927 Memorial had over 88,000. But the 1928 Memorial attendance dropped to 17.380! Those who were hanging on for this 1928 prediction no longer had a reason to hang on as Rutherford had destroyed its foundation.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Cabasilas:

Thank you for those informative details on this subject! Every little tidbit of information helps to get the full picture.

Cheers! Atlantis-

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

In 1911, Morton Edgar gave a Pyramid lecture as part of the network of Bible Students Conventions. It was published towards the end of the 1911 Convention Report. The lecture was entitled: "God's Plan of Salvation in the Great Pyramid." Here is a link to a PDF of that lecture which also includes a full page picture of Morton Edgar:

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=4179a831321675014e364560861cbc7b

This would have been just the year after the first publication of Volume One of Great Pyramid Passages but two years before Volume 2 was published.

• stev
    stev

It is sad that good and intelligent men would waste their talents on finding symbolical and chronological features to the Great Pyramid.

Russell's chronological timetable and proofs were complex and difficult to follow without adding on top of that the Great Pyramid. Russell's theological system of the Divine Plan of the Ages and the Atonement was also complex. Accepting Russell's message often required the reading and intellectual skills necessary to wade through his books and time proofs. Russell's use of symbol, typology, allegorical interpretation, and use of the Pyramid, and cosmic scheme of the Divine Plan of the Ages attracted some who enjoyed delving into mysteries and complexities, hidden meanings. Although Russell might have had some interesting ideas, he also too frequently indulged in speculative interpretation of the Bible, especially about the future, which did not have touch with reality. The Edgars and the Bible Students and JWs after Russell took Russell's speculative tendencies and took them to extremes.

They succumbed to the temptation of the intellectual and the curious to mistake the product of their own creative imaginations for divine mysteries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit