Sin of Omission

by JH 3 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

"Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee? Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me."
    - St. Matthew 25: 44-45

I don't recall hearing much about this at the hall.

It was more about, don't do this or don't do that, rather than you must help your brothers and sisters in need.....and try to make their lives as great as possible.

• R.F.
    R.F.

"Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee? Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me."
    - St. Matthew 25: 44-45

I don't recall hearing much about this at the hall.

It was more about, don't do this or don't do that, rather than you must help your brothers and sisters in need.....and try to make their lives as great as possible.

That's because the Org never really applied it to helping others. Their application of this account was always to prospective great crowd members obeying supporting the "faithful slave".

• JH
    JH
    That's because the Org never really applied it to helping others.

How loving !!!

34 I am giving YOU a new commandment, that YOU love one another; just as I have loved YOU , that YOU also love one another. 35 By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.”

I guess that Jesus was talking about another religion then....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I heard this quite a bit at the hall. What it always means is that those who are not helping the FDS by going in service are the ones that are going to be affected. If one is not regularly in service, one is not helping the Christ. Likewise, the ones that are in service regularly will be the ones that helped the Christ.

Hey, not my rules. Those are the rules made by the Watchtower Society, for the purpose of getting people to do more service. Follow this program, and you will be helping a criminal organization that uses religion as a front. That is what they want. The real meaning of it is that we should be thinking freely: those who think freely will create value for society and wonder what they did to help Christ and one of his brothers. Those who do not will fail to create any value, and will have not helped Christ or his brothers. And they will live in stagnation to boot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit