JW and their version of divine justice

by Anti-Christ 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I never really agreed on their explanation of divine justice. If you are a homicidal maniac, rapist or if you simply don't go to the JW's meetings, your are going to be hurled in the lake of fire. I think I'm going to ask some of my JW "friends" what they think about that.

• JH
    JH
    If you are a homicidal maniac, rapist or if you simply don't go to the JW's meetings, or if you are too poor to follow, or too sick, or in a hospital, or have a job that doesn't permit you to go to the meetings, or if you live far away from a kingdom hall, or if you have a severe handicap, your are going to be hurled in the lake of fire.

I guess we could add on more and more reasons, why JW's are DEAD wrong.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I know they are dead wrong, I just never really ask any of theme how they explain it or accept it as being justice, because I think it's a pretty fu&*$# kind of justice to me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What about the 120,000 people you murdered because you had to take your car to the repair shop that morning about 30 years ago instead of screeching around in street work? Or the house you didn't reach because you were not moving as fast as usual because you had a bad cold? Or you refused to take a call that you know had tuberculosis and didn't want it? Or watching The Price is Right on the householder's TV (they refused to turn it off), costing precious yoctoseconds of service time?

Then, what about that homework assignment you worked on in 1968 instead of spending that afternoon out in service? You murdered all those people--all for a lousy passing grade! Maybe you should have come out the day before you were born, forgoing one day of development, so you could spend that whole day screeching around in service! Who knows how many people you could have brought in and "saved" had you come out of your mother's womb the day before you were born and spent that whole day out in service. All those people you murdered just by staying in one more day! Horrible!

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    If you are a homicidal maniac, rapist or if you simply don't go to the JW's meetings, your are going to be hurled in the lake of fire.

Oh, no, no no no no no no no........ My ex-husband is going to the paradise...he's doing just fine...going to all the meetings..parroting all the answers.... NO...he'll be there.....

Just I won't. 'Cause I stopped going after they said my divorcing him was unscriptural....

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

What about the 120,000 people you murdered because you had to take your car to the repair shop that morning about 30 years ago instead of screeching around in street work? Or the house you didn't reach because you were not moving as fast as usual because you had a bad cold? Or you refused to take a call that you know had tuberculosis and didn't want it? Or watching The Price is Right on the householder's TV (they refused to turn it off), costing precious yoctoseconds of service time?

Then, what about that homework assignment you worked on in 1968 instead of spending that afternoon out in service? You murdered all those people--all for a lousy passing grade! Maybe you should have come out the day before you were born, forgoing one day of development, so you could spend that whole day screeching around in service! Who knows how many people you could have brought in and "saved" had you come out of your mother's womb the day before you were born and spent that whole day out in service. All those people you murdered just by staying in one more day! Horrible!

OH, PLEASE STOP---I can't take the GUILT !!! The pressure, the pressure....

• Arthur
    Arthur

The Watchtower's version of divine judgement can be summed up in three words: traditions of men. There can be no "one size fits all" punishment (as related in the Genesis flood account) because there is no such thing as a "modern ark" of salvation. The concept of gaining salvation through organizational membership is not in any way Scriptural; but is an example of a "New Gospel" which the Apostle Paul bluntly rebuked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit