There are a lot of stupid people out there in the world

by Jourles 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles

On Monday, I was sitting on a bench outside of the restrooms in Morocco waiting for my wife to come out. Wait a sec, did he just say Morocco? Well, sort of. The Morocco at Disney's Epcot. Just prior, we had lunch at Germany in the Biergarten restaurant. I have to mention Germany due to something I said later...you'll see what I mean. At the Biergarten, they have 1 liter glass mugs of beer for $10. I had one with lunch and then picked up another 20oz cup outside at the beer cart for walking around. My wife wanted a mint iced tea from Morocco so we headed that way.

As I was sitting on the bench waiting for her, the beer(s) were of course doing their job in knocking down my verbal self-censorship. Fairly buzzed, to the lay person. I was playing Sudoku on my phone. A family of four was walking by me and I heard the wife talking but nothing registered until she said, "We are not gonna eat there. I am not going to support Islam by eating at that place." As soon as I heard that, I closed my phone, looked up at her as she was walking by and said, "Are you serious?!?", stressing the word serious. She turned to me and gave me a "oh, you heard me?" look and the husband had a look of "oh jesus, I can't believe that guy just heard what my wife said - I'm embarrassed." They didn't say anything - they just kept on walking.

Even now, three days later, I still cannot believe this is how many people out there in the world think and speak. Mind boggling.

I guess she figured that any money spent in "Morocco" would have been funneled through Disney to support the terrorists.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Akbar's salami!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Even now, three days later, I still cannot believe this is how many people out there in the world think and speak. Mind boggling.

My Disneyland shocker was the opposite! I was sitting with the twins and this blonde young gentleman from Italy asks me if it would be okay if he sit next to me while waiting in line. He would faint when standing for long periods. I said "Yes, it's okay to sit here." We had a pleasant conversation while waiting to get on the ride. I don't know why I thought that everybody hated blacks?

• themonster123
    themonster123

One day we will find out that Disneyland really WAS behind the terrorism all along. No one company can get THAT rich w/o doing SOMETHING dishonest. Mickey's behind the whole damn thing. All that happiest place on Earth business? nah nah, it's just a front man. Maybe that lady was onto something. Maybe she's not as ignorant as you think.

The Witnesses were wrong all along-the REAL king of the South is Disneyland. I read it in a Watchtower once. Oh...you haven't read that one? Hmm....well, maybe I imagined it.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Ok, sing along now! "It's A small world after all, it's a small world after all," That was one of the coolest places to visit, under tunnels, boat riding breezy etc. I agree with you Jourles, some folks just don't know how to have fun and enjoy culture.

Blueblades

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I can top that experience Jourles, back when I was a teenager I was at Kings Island Amusement park in Ohio. There was this family of people from Africa, dressed in their native garb. There was this approximately 8 year old boy who yelled out to his mom "I aint gonna sit next to "N'ers". His mom popped him a good one in the mouth.

• moshe
    moshe

Just a side story about Epcot- I worked on the building of Epcot in 1982. A few weeks before they opened up the landscapers were working getting all the flowers and plants in place for the big opening. A couple of guys in my construction crew took a large bag of hemp seeds and walked around planting them. Perhaps, if you look closely the marihuana plants can still be found growing in Epcot.

• DJK
    DJK

Jourles, was she wearing her sign? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upXayzBPuzM

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

I guess she figured that any money spent in "Morocco" would have been funneled through Disney to support the terrorists.

At Epcot's World Showcase the one pavilion that is sponsored (and paid for) by the country it represents is Morocco, the remaining country pavilions are all sponsored by major corporations.

Ignorant comment for sure...but this is where it probably originates from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit