Small Town Witness Needs Our Help

by horrible life 7 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

You big city people, have your big, high class newspapers.

You small town uppity people have your little local goody-two shoe articles, in your papers.

But my town, has heart. This guy took out a 1/4 of a full page, to say what he needed in his heart to say. Please read this. You can feel his desparation. Can you think of anyway we can help this guy?

BJ Hedgecock is a Drug Task Force Agent, non JW, and nephew, to an elder in the local congragation.

Antlers American May 10, 2007 Page 3B Antlers, Oklahoma

alt

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I just want to tell him: "Its not Jehovah's Witnesses you need. You need freedom from guilt and a relationship with God (not religion)"

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

It's hard to say unless you know as Paul Harvey would say "the rest of the story". Has been been reproved by the elders in his congregation and if so this may be a way he is demonstrating his real remorse for having done things that would "bring reproach upon Jehovah's name and his organization". If the elders and "the friends" in the congregation believe that he will be love bombed by those in the congregation and he wouldnt be looking for any other help ftom anybody on the outside.

• horrible life
    horrible life

He is looking for a good step mom for his children. How many single women are on this board? Are introductions in order?

I think I need to write a letter to him, in care of the newspaper. Try to let him in on a couple of things. But don't know if he would understand.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Personally, after reading the article, maybe you should leave him be. I feel if you tried to tell him what we know here, you could completely destroy him.

Warlock

• Kudra
    Kudra

I really don't mean to be mean but... that guy seems like he has a WHOLE lot of problems that don't even include the JWs...

Does anyone think that he is trying to save his BUSINESS? Looks like he went "a-foul of the law" and is now wanting to save major public face and also save major client losses by taking out this ad...

Also looks like he's fishin for a lady...

eek.

i wouldn't touch it.

• horrible life
    horrible life
    I really don't mean to be mean but... that guy seems like he has a WHOLE lot of problems that don't even include the JWs...

Kudra, you aren't being mean. He even has, as you can read, Protective Orders, on him. For this to happen, he has threatened, or already harmed someone. And they are scared he will do more.

I have heard of people going to church, and seeing the light, and giving their life to Christ, but taking out a 1/4 page ad in the newspaper, does not equal forgiveness. You know the JW's are all quivering, with the hope he will be coming back into their fold.

5 times before the judge, is 5 separate criminal acts. For BJ to be after you, you are doing something very shady. This is one cop, that is on the straight and narrow. At the young age of about 25.

I will have to find out a little more about this guy tomorrow. My boss showed this to me, before I left work today.

• SeeSee
    SeeSee

Did anyone recognize the last line in his ad? "Keep coming back. It works if you work at it"? Are slogans used in the 'Anonymous' 12-Step programs. Reading that made me wonder if he thinks he's making amends by by doing this. Or do you suppose it's meant to WOW the judge with how much he's changed? Whatever, Mr. Derby's thinking--as displayed in that ad--sure doesn't inspire confidence in his sobriety. See See

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit