Next Guardian Article Saturday?

by Englishman 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Just got this email from Stephen bates:

"I think another article will be going in the Guardian tomorrow (ie Saturday's
    paper...) so long as the war doesn't take up all the space....."

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Please keep us posted. We find it VERY INTERESTING down here.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

English,

Thanks for the info. I just emailed Stephen this afternoon asking if he could let us know if there were going to be any updates.

I am not familiar with English newspapers. Is it safe to assume that The Guardian is a reputable newspaper? It looked like it was from the various, well written articles on the site.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I can confirm

hawk

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

[quote]Is it safe to assume that The Guardian is a reputable newspaper?

Never assume anything, but if you do, that is it! The Guardian is at least on a level with The [London] Times. Personally, I consider the paper to be the best in the world. It's a bit left wing which is why it is so good, but it carries major clout. Hell, it started in Manchester. Read Roy Hattersley's pieces, a former member of a UK gvnmt, if you doubt. It certainly has the best UK paper's web site by a long chalk.

How many journalists from a national[/i] paper would take the time to post here? Mr. Stephen Bates is no slouch; he has reported on child abuse in the Catholic Church, issues with the English monarchy, transfusions for JWs, and a whole host of other subjects, including the fact that the Queen keeps a plastic duck. Only someone with huevos and credibility could write such an article in the Grdn. This is HUGE.....

T.

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Thanks!

• starlitestarbrite
    starlitestarbrite

Do u think that an American paper will pick it up? Let's urge them to~!

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Star
    I hope so! Who could we contact at the New York Times?? They should run something on this, being right there.

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

I am also very interesting!

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

I emailed The Boston Globe and asked if they could verify the info with the UN so a paper in the United States could cover it also. Since so many witnesses do not utilize the internet, I think it would be a good idea if we could contact some major US newspapers to also verify it. Who knows if they will, with everything else that is going on in the world. But again, it would be sad to see this major WT development get swept under the rug.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit