Commemorating the 2014 Centenary

by Room 215 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

For all the philatelists among us, I sure hope the Brooklyn-based World Government-In-Waiting is preparing a commemorative stamp issue to honor the imminent Centernary of Our Lord's Presence.
    Maybe one stamp for each of the detainees in Atlanta, capped off by a high-value Airmail stamp depicting the Rapture that Never Was?
    Seriously, how many of you folks out there collect stamps?

• Mickey67214
    Mickey67214

As far as I know, not many people collect stamps. From what I hear it can be quite interesting.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

R215,

It won't just be stamps. I can’t wait. Watching a show on cable TV and every other commercial break will be this:

In celebration of 100 years of misleading American heroes the History Society or America is proud to bring you the messianic memorial silver dollar. This genuine and legal tender (in Liberia) silver dollar coin features the head of Charles Taze Russell on one side and Michael the Archangel ousting the devil from heaven on the other. Beautifully and meticulously reproduced from actual Watchtower published illustrations this magnificent coin can be yours to treasure forever.

This one of kind coin can be yours for just $59.99 (plus $6.95 shipping and handling). But wait. Order in the next 5 minutes and we’ll include free a CD-ROM containing everything the Watchtower Society has published in the last 100 years a $2.00 value. But there’s even more, we’ll also include a leather-look book bag monogrammed with the Watchtower logo.

Don’t delay. This is a limited time offer (we will run out real soon) Our operators are standing by. Have your credit card number ready. Rush delivery available.

Thirdson
    Stamp collector 1966 - 1972 -- Albums in a box at my folks place in England.

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

HAHAHAAHAH!!!!

Think there will be tshirts too?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Roomie,

A good point. Remember how they put out a commemmorative issue for 100years of the Watchtower magazine?

It would be even more appropriate to mark 100 years of the Lord's invisible heavenly presence.

Who's going to write the Brooklyn mafia and suggest it?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• bsmart
    bsmart

So should we get the t-shirts and take them to Bethel as a "donation"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit