I emailed the AMW/McClean link to my parents for mothers day and. . .

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

they proved to me once and for all that they have gone completely bananas.

I sent it without any commentary, just 'link attached'. Mind you now, we do not speak. They send me stupid religious stuff, I throw it away, without comment. It makes them wonder, 'Did she get our mail?' they ask my one ex-jw sister, 'Did they move?', 'Is her husband beating her?' (all ex-jw husbands are spousal abusers, they logic).

I send them UN and blood fractions rhymes and pizza metaphors, they write back, 'How could you? You've gone off the deep end', a favorite phrase of my mother's, you see we had a pool growing up and she's always been afraid of the water and. . .well, I just don't get what it means. Or, 'where did you read that? the internet?' I'm tempted to send them vacation pictures and a MapQuest attachment, maybe they'll see the Devil's face in the San Francisco Bay.

But I sent the AMW link mostly as a warning, mostly. . .mostly at night. This McClean creature, we all know, he could be hiding out in a local congregation as an interested person, or as a district overseer. We know this.

My parents wrote back, my mother did anyways. I know this because it was in all CAPS, although I've told her that that's rude because all caps is yelling in email. She wrote: WE'RE JUST FINE TOO......THANKS FOR ASKING ABOUT US. YOUR LINK JUST PROVES ONE THING, THAT THE ELDERS ARE ON THE BALL, PROTECTING THE FLOCK. YOUR NEGATIVITY WILL GET YOU NO WHERE.

I decided firmly and with reservation or hesitation that I would absolutely not reply, because it wasn't my intent to further our past arguments.

So I replied: I cannot ask how you are because you have told me in writing that you do not like small talk and will not 'engage in idle chatter with someone like me'. But since you brought it up, according to John Walsh and America's Most Wanted, the elders are so 'on the ball' that this animal McClean has got away with abusing children for decades because the elders have enforced the 'two witnesses' policy. Certainly you also don't know that one of the largest child abuse settlements was just paid by the Watchtower Society under strict gag order. Well, you can be glad of one thing, mom and dad, when you're on your deathbeds, you can honestly say, 'At least we haven't talked to our youngest daughter in 10 years', and it will all have been worth it, won't it, you can say that you lived forever. But our child will never know you, and while that used to make me cry, but it doesn't anymore, because you're not you anymore.

And I hate to say these mean things, but what else can wake these people up? We are planning to start a family, my husband and I wonder how could we say, "We willl make babies, but we will only love them if they share our religion."

I hate JWs.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Dear Pioneer Spit....lol

I understand completely, the frustration. I am 33 yrs old, an only child. I left when I was 18 because I could not take my parents anymore and what went on behind closed doors at our home. I have not seen my dad since Oct 1992, and my mom and I did not speak from Oct 1992 to our reuniting in Sept 2000, 8 years. She eventually came to her senses, but suffered very much from the after effects (she stayed in it so much longer than me). I have 3 children, 10 year old daughter, 8 year old son, and a 3 month old baby girl. They will never know their grampa (my side, grampa from dad's side comes over everynight) and as for my mom, she sees them very rarely (she lives in Arizona) and she is always sick, but shes there for them now, thats all that matters to me anyway. The JW org is sick, the responses from your mom piss me off...yet she is just brainwashed as you know...I just wanted to let you know that I feel for you and I understand.

I also lived in Colorado from 94-98, my oldest was born at Aurora Regional hospital, then we moved back to Illinois so she could know her family (only my parents were JWs). Otherwise, if I did not have my daughter, I would have stayed in Denver!

Nikki

• White Dove
    White Dove

I sent my dad proof of the WTS's involvement with the UN, and all he does is ask if I got it from an apostate website and to show him proof, then he will believe. I did show him proof from the UN's own site. He still doesn't believe it. It is frustrating to try and convince these people of the wrongness of their belief system. They close their minds to proof. How can they ignore it and keep making excuses?

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

This sounds EXACTLY like my mother... WOW .. Scarey too ..

My mother talks in all caps even though I've explained that its rude. My mother will only talk to me in e-mails. And when I do bring up something negative to her about the WT she lashes out at me just like your mother did:

YOUR LINK JUST PROVES ONE THING, THAT THE ELDERS ARE ON THE BALL, PROTECTING THE FLOCK. YOUR NEGATIVITY WILL GET YOU NO WHERE.

This is why I come to this board--to know that I'm not alone. And you are not alone. I know how you feel and know that you are welcome to keep sharing these experiences as you need to. ((((((HUG)))))))

• unique1
    unique1

I too feel your pain. It it so frustrating when you can't open their eyes because it seems so obvious. I personally have just given up. I admire your courage to continue. Hang in there.

• onesong
    onesong

Boy can I relate...same thing with my family. I've gotten the "You've gone off the deep end..." comment to which I now reply "Yes I have, and it's sooo much better than the shallow end."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit