So I met an-ex JW today.....

by zack 9 Replies latest jw friends

• zack
    zack

OK. So I take out to lunch this business associate of mine to solidiy our budding relationship. A bit of shmoozing.

Half way through lunch I'm asked if I didn't want any more children (I have a grown child who is married) and when I started to reply

I stopped myself. I then asked this person about their religious views. They said they were not religious now, but had grown up a JW

and in high school had decided that it was a cult and had never gone back to a Kingdom Hall!

I thought to myself, "So what are the odds of this happening?"

Needless to say, we hit it off on a much deeper level. It was great talking to someone who knew EXACTLY where I was coming from.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

That's awesome Zack!

A new friendship perhaps

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I dont feel that this was a coincidence!

• zack
    zack

I must agree. According to the Watchtower, this can only be Divine Providence. Perhaps there was an angel watching out for me. I may have to send this experience in for publication.

(After it's thoroughly embellished, of course.)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The Universe meant for this to occur!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thats pretty cool!!!

That happened to me when I was training someone ....

We were somewhere and she saw my Do not take blood card and that is how we started the conversation.

purps

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

My Dad ran into a JW when he was on vacation. He could tell they were JWs by the speech they used. He saw it as the coolest thing ever. I thought it was weird and cultish.

• Hooperman
    Hooperman

the angel will come back and command you to fornicate with this person, and wear a condom, for it is prophesied "thus saith jehovah of hosts, fornicate with they beauty that has escaped my cult".

• free2think
    free2think

That's really cool Zack! Definitely sounds like the start of a great friendship.

• Highlander
    Highlander

That's a great experience.

I do believe it's getting to be quite common for this to occur. Many have left, or are leaving the WT. Possibly there are as many x-dubs out there as opposed to active dubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit