BBC Panorama: Scientology. You gotta see this!

by AnnOMaly 6 Replies latest social current

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/programmes/panorama/default.stm

Heads up! This is a program being shown in the UK. The Scientology PR guy would've been thrown out of the Spanish Inquisition for intolerant behavior!

Thank heaven my family's JW!

• badboy
    badboy

I HAVE JUST SEEN IT.

VERY VERY VERY GOOD

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Oh surprise. A lot of pro scientology videos and comments on YouTube. Of course none of them are by current scientologists. :rollseyes:

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Cool - the programme's on the website so I'll be able to watch it later (no tv here!)

I thought it was funny that the show has been overshadowed by the BBC reporter losing his rag but apparently when you see it in context the viewer is more able to understand why he did.

• Zico
    Zico

A JW e-mailed me about this one, so I replied to ask him if he remembered the Panorama episode about the Society covering up for peadophiles. He said 'Oh, was that them? I guess if they over-exagerrated that one, they might over-exagerrate this'

Of course, after further e-mails, I found out he hadn't seen the episode about JWs...

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    ignored_one: Oh surprise. A lot of pro scientology videos and comments on YouTube. Of course none of them are by current scientologists. :rollseyes:

Never mind youtube. Watch the BBC show!

Sad emo: I thought it was funny that the show has been overshadowed by the BBC reporter losing his rag but apparently when you see it in context the viewer is more able to understand why he did.

Absolutely! The PR guy never gave the BBC reporter a chance to speak, was following him around, being in his face, being an intimidatory presence at his interviews. I'm surprised the reporter didn't punch his lights out.

... Unless we were only shown selective editing like the Panorama JW child abuse program ...

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are more aggressive and wayward than the dubs they are also a business with plenty of money and people like Tom Cruise and Travolta gave them some prestige. The JWs also break families ties up in a similar way especially those with ex members. They are all diabolical cults.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit