Make an informed opinion

by DazedAndConfused 3 Replies latest jw friends

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I have started an "article" about the WTBTS and the UN in the true WTBTS format (I hope) Before I go into anymore work and investigation I wanted your opinions as to whether I am on the mark as to their way of speaking or not. Here goes:

"Think for a moment, and reflect………would you want to be part of a "society" of people who have pulled the wool over your eyes………..in effect lied to you? Let's take it to a more personal level. Would you continue a personal relationship if it were proven that the other individual told you even the most innocent of lies…a white lie i.e.?

Isn't it true that each and every one of us wants to feel secure in the honesty of the relationships that we have? Don't we feel as honest persons that we deserve the same when it comes to others dealings with us?

What about if it were the same religion that you base your entire way of life on? Would you without question follow every written or personally stated word that they were correct, without investigating the situation for yourself?

No! That would be like following a "wolf in sheep's clothing" without even a hint of finding out for yourself that indeed this was the truth spoken to you. Would we as intelligent individuals allow that to happen to us?

Alas, it has happened to too many of us. Look at your own religion. Has it told you lies? Do you without question believe EVERYTHING that they say as the absolute "truth"? Does your particular religion "encourage you" to take everything that they say and print as being the "word of God"? Does your particular religion "ostracize" you for asking questions regarding their doctrine? If this is the case, you are strongly encouraged to do some investigating for yourself. Do not be led astray by persons who want, and do, monitor and regulate your every move. Enjoy the relationship that only you and God can enjoy and truly learn what is the best for YOU!"

Am I on the right track so far? I am not one to write a whole lot, but I feel that this is important since this is the one and only thing that has totally broken my ties. Grnated, I quit going about 12 years ago, for all practical purposes but the "ties that bind" have bitten me in the butt big time. This is what did it for me. The Society + the U.N.

Please let me know if this is the vein I should continue in or if I should alter it a bit.

• larc
    larc

looks good to me.

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Where are the numbers after each paragrahg and the questions to answer <laugh>

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Love the format.

The questions are too close together I think.....a question, then a expansion, a conclusion. a question, then an expansion, then a conclusion.

And where are the pretty paradise pictures....LOL

Dungbeetle...so much dung, so little time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit