Vinyl recordings of Rutherford etc

by veen 6 Replies latest jw friends

• veen
    veen

So I remember my grandmother having these old vinyl recordings with the dude ranting away. Has anyone ever come across these before? Do you think it would be worth me trying to getting hold of them, or are they already available in the public domain. I wish I was a hardcore anti JW when I was younger 'cos I would listen to those beauties now, at the time I thought they were just boring.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think that Randy has CDs of some of those recordings available, but I don't know if they cover everything that Rutherford recorded, so you might have some unique bits. How likely is it that you could now get your hhands on them?

• bluebell
    bluebell

My dad has quite a few - some got broken or were very badly scratched so he chopped the middles out and uses those bits as coasters! best use they could be put to in my opinion.

• veen
    veen

Might be difficult to get my hands on them. Would be very suspect no doubt. I was just wondering if they were rare enough to bother putting my neck out for when the time came.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"Re: Vinyl recordings of Rutherford "??

Veen, none of the old Genesis recordings are particularly valuable. Even with Phil Collins. ;)

And welcome to JWD by the way.

Pete

• deeskis
    deeskis

My parents have a stack of old JR records. They're 78rpm so none of us can play them. I should go out and get a turntable that can handle them and put them on MP#, (one day when I've got notheing better to do!)

• done4good
    done4good

Some 78 rpm TT's:

http://www.kabusa.com/index_tt.htm

j

btw, 78s are schelac(sp?), not vinyl.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit