What a coincidence

by FourMs 5 Replies latest jw friends

• FourMs
    FourMs

I seem to have encountered many strange coincidences in my life. For some reason it mostly has had to do with my past boyfriends as well as my husband.

Here are a few examples that I can think of off the top of my head.

When I was 15, some friends at school wanted to hook me up with one of their friends. I skipped an afternoon of school and went to some guys house to meet this guy named Billy. I really liked him and we hit it off right off the bat. We listened to Scorpions the whole afternoon and just talked to get to know each other. He asked if I could skip school the next day to spend more time with him, and I figured it would be fine. I skipped so much school anyways, it wouldn’t make much difference. When I got home that day, I got in big trouble for skipping and the school called home looking for me. So, I promised my parents I would go to school the next day and be good from then on. I figured I would just get Billy’s information from my friends at school and try to contact him and explain what was going on. Long story short, I found out that night, that Billy had been killed in a car accident the day I was supposed to spend with him! I could have been with him. I think of that a lot and am grateful that I did not skip that day. I also think how unfortunate it was for him to have died so young. For a “worldly” guy, he was very decent. I don’t know if much would have happened between us seeing that I was a JW at the time and still living at my JW parents house. But still, I think of him often. Every time I hear a song from Scorpions, I think of that afternoon when I met him. That was the first and last time I ever saw him.

On a lighter note, we had witness neighbors move in down the street when I was about 11. The husband invited my family to a barn dance where I met his twin brothers who were 13. I thought they were so cute, but didn’t really get to talk to them. I saw them around my neighbors house a few times when they were visiting, but was too shy to go talk to them. The couple only lived on our street for a short time. Anyhow, a few years later, I ended up dating one of the twins for 3 ½ years.

My 2nd JW boyfriend was a guy I met at a party. When I talked to my parents about him, it ended up that his mom and my mom were good friends before he was born and my mom drove his mom to the hospital when she was in labor.

I had a cousin who lived many hours away from us. We would go at least every summer to visit them while we were growing up. Little did I know, that my husband lived down the street from her all that time. I never met him while we were there as kids. Funny, how people come into your life and how you sometimes connect with them later in life on whole other levels.

Well, just felt like sharing these funny coincidences. Please share yours if you can think of any.

FourMs

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Sorry to hear about the guy who died. I think alot of people probably have connections like this in one way or the other sometimes. I've had my share. I'm in the graphics industry. Signs, vehicle graphics, printing, etc.

I lived in NC for a couple years in the early 90's in a smaller town. A house in the boon-docks, with my dad. So fast forward 11 years to SC where I had a store front graphics shop in a plaza. I ended up doing various graphics for a new dent repair company, his trailers and bus. cards, etc. Well, in ocassional socializing with him and his wife in the shop one day, I find out that her brother lives in the same house I used to live in in NC. Do you know what the odds are in that? 2 States, with all the thousands of houses he could have lived in, and there was that connection. She even brought back some pictures of it, and yep...that was the one!

Not a biggie, but just wanted to add something for ya.

Hey, have you pondered over the thought that if you were with him that day, he would have been doing something entirely different cause he was with you, and wouldn't have been killed?

• Warlock
    Warlock

I thought this was a thread about WAC!

Warlock

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

The beauty of coincidences is that they are so coincidental.

You know about the 6 degrees of separation thing, right?

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation

Apparently, I am less than one degree from wingdings; surprisingly, that wingding link actually works.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

At 1st i was flattered... a thread dedicated to me...then I opened it &$#$

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit