Have You ever experienced that?

by Marcel 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• Marcel
    Marcel

Hi!

theres a thing that always amazed me, but almost never hit me in person.
    okay, imagine: big assembly, second/third day, talk and new book/magazine released, brothers sitting on boxes full of the released publication, singing, prayer, RUN!

have you ever felt that rush of happiness that gives many JWs that sparkle of joy in the eyes when a new publication is released? its like a second bible fell from the heavens. they dont stop clapping, they're excited and they would kill their moms to get the new publication before anyone else.

i was NEVER that way. the maximum was, that i felt "hey, nice, ill read it sometime!". only when i was a kid i liked the run for the publication after "amen". dont get me wrong: at some point in the past i really believed its the truth and i thought all publications are some kind of gods gift, but i just never had that sparkle! do you?

the last time i attended a big assembly i didnt bother to get a copy of the new publication, but i had to go, because my wife wanted me to grab a copy. i should have take two dozens just to burn some WT money... ;D

Marcel

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i used to be one of those guys who sat on the books to give them out... oh man, i would open the box halfway through the talk and just start reading it... not cuz i liked it, cuz everyone that walked by was amazed at how i had a book before them... you should see how ferocious some people become when trying to get a book... i saw one brother knock a sister on her ass trying to get one...

RIDICULOUS

the infamous one

• Missanna
    Missanna

yeah my parents were those kind. We had a huge family 6 kids so my dad would assign one of us to go and get 4 copies from this brother and assign another one of us to go to another brother and get 4 more. pretty sad. then he would stay up all night reading that publication in the hotel room highlighting and underlining like a maniac and then if we hadn't read it in a week he would take us aside and ask why we werent zealous to read the societies books. it was pretty bad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit