• Princess
    Princess

This made me ill...[>:(]
    Note what Philologus posted.

Princess

Scottish Jas
    Member # 294
    posted October 10, 2001 09:01 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello there ...
    just happened upon your site by accident the other night and was pleasantly surprised to find you all communicating here in electronic land.

I have recently just returned to Jehovah and I am attending my local congregation quite regularly now. I was brought up in the truth and baptised when 16.

Dunno what happened really, but at 27 I just went off track. New that I was never really that happy out there in the world and so have made the first few steps to be associated with Jehovah's congregation again.

Going through quite a difficult time as I have given up friends in the world, my relationship and also my job, as none of them would be pleasing to God.

Sorry for rambling a bit, but I feel like I have stumbled upon a bit of an oasis spiritually speaking and it's just what I need right now.

cheers guys
    Jas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posts: 1 | From: Glasgow | Registered: Oct 2001 | IP: Logged

Platinum
    Administrator
    Member # 5
    posted October 10, 2001 09:13 AM
    Welcome James. Glad to have you on our oasis. Don't you love the colors?
    hope you continue in your spiritual growth.

Platinum

Posts: 131 | From: Vernon Hills, Illinois | Registered: Sep 2001 | IP: Logged

philologus
    Member # 58
    posted October 10, 2001 09:15 AM
    Hiya Jas - and welcome home!
    That's a good description you gave, Great Crowd really is a spiritual oasis.
    You will find many friends here who will encourage you to stay in Jehovah's loving care.
    What you've left behind you is a "lot of refuse" you wouldn't keep your unemptied dustbin in your bedroom for months would you? So get rid of all the refuse - it soon begins to stink and cause nasty infections if you don't.
    Great Crowd is a great place to come, but don't let it take the place of regular meeting attendance and face-to-face conversations with those in your congregation who will build your faith up.
    --------------------

Today is a gift from Jehovah - that's why it's called "The Present".

• joelbear
    joelbear

I will never forget being out in service with one of the annointed when we left an uninterested householder's door and he turned to me and said,

"He will make good fertilizer on the ground."

Joel

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

LOL@joel

I remember my little brother (5 year-old at the time) actually telling a rude householder that he was a "goat".

Andi

• outsider_looking_in
    outsider_looking_in

Here's one from W.O.L,talking about the bombings in Afganistan

Space Cadet
    WOL Runner
    posted 10-09-2001 05:21 AM
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    And the scary and yet exciting truth is that this is just the BEGINNING of things to come.Who knows what will be next???And yes I am one of those poor unfortunate "news addict" souls who should know when to turn it off,But I don,t.However,things are getting very exciting!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

• fodeja
    fodeja

Nauseating.

Going through quite a difficult time as I have given up friends in the world, my relationship and also my job, as none of them would be pleasing to God.

But, let's try to reframe this into something positive:

- a couple of people now know the truth about this guy's "friendship"
    - a woman has been freed from a self-centered jerk who obviously didn't care much for her
    - someone's going to get that job to feed his or her family.
    - a good witness about the fine effects of JW memberships has been given. People will think he's joined a weird cult, and rightfully so.

So much good, Jehovah must be behind this!

What you've left behind you is a "lot of refuse" you wouldn't keep your unemptied dustbin in your bedroom for months would you? So get rid of all the refuse - it soon begins to stink and cause nasty infections if you don't.

I don't understand why they have to hide all these good, clean, moral and spiritually upbuilding discussions from the world with a login. I mean, what do they have to hide if they're so much better than those stinking infectious apostates?

f.

(edited: formatting...Mozilla's still behaving strangely with those textarea things)

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Yes, the likening of humans to fertilizer and the general dehumanizing of individuals or groups (i.e., "refuse", "stinking", "infectious") is what you have to teach people (even if it IS covertly) in order for normally loving human beings to accept with glee that over 6 billion people will die. Sad. Hitler used similar propoganda towards the Jews to gather the support of his sick agenda. His propogana films depicted Jews to disease ridden rats running rampant in sewage and on the streets. That's what made it easy for the masses to slaughter 6 million of them. They were no longer human anymore. They were worse.
    Sad, sad, sad.
    Thank you for posting this, Princess. If nothing else, maybe if people, who I believe without this maniacal religion, are loving at their core, will see what these beleifs are doing to them.
    Oh well, I don't hate them. I don't see JW's as refuse, infectious, fertilizer etc.
    Bridgette

• dedalus
    dedalus

Yeah, my life is really that bad, an "unemptied dustbin," if you will. What I need are some meetings. Five of them, to be exact. If they were really boring, and full of hypocrisy, that would improve my life. Oh, and what I wouldn't give for a group of men looking over my shoulder as they force me to distribute magazines with lies in them. If only I could get some of that good stuff going on in my life. But what would be really great is if I could set up a dynamic between my daughter and me where I'd be ready to disown her in a second if she didn't go to meetings too. That would be the tops.

Dedalus

P.S. Princess, thanks for the information. It worked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit