Rutherford's Jesus shoots up perfection

by glenster 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• glenster
    glenster

1920 [Summary: intravenous drug use would become common during the Millen-
    nium--it would be used by The Christ (the 144,000 and Jesus) to help mankind be-
    come perfect and free of all diseases] ("The Golden Age," March 17, 1920, p.808)
    http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/index.php/watchtower_quotes/medical-science/drugs/

That's weird, but I guess some had high hopes for how much intravenous medical
    practices would cure things. Does anyone have the full quote?

• Satanus
    Satanus

The last 2 paragraphs of the page:

No one can tell to what extent drugs will be employed as remedial agents in the Golden Age,but we do hnow that the time will come when "the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick". (Isaiah 33: 21) By the advances in the healing art then known the discase-resisting powers of the entire population will be so increased that people will be healthy, sickness will be unknown; and finally death itself will become a thing of the past. This will take some time; for the last ancl great- est conquest of dl will be that over death, as it is written, "The last enemy that shall be de-stroyed is death".-1 Corinthians 13: 26.

This destruction of death is referred to again in Revelation 20: 14 as the casting of death and hell into the lake of fire. This means that during the Golden Age death, including aches, pains, mental and moral imperfections of every sort,and hades, the great prison houise of the tomb in which mankind awaits a resurrection, will gradually be cast, until both are destroyed.

S

• glenster
    glenster

The quote sounds like a more ordinary guess about the possibilty of medical advances. Is there more about the context that explains why the summary gave other specifics--referred to intravenous use, etc.?

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

To me, it sounds like the Judge was a coke short of a happy meal.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Those paragraphs are as close to the iv idea as it gets. They are the last of the article. Here are two paragraphs that preceed those last 2:

The persons that are liable to get influenza are those in whose blood there is a lack of the white blood corpuscles, or lencocytas. This lack is technically, termed lencopenia. The function of the leucocytes is to range about in the blood stream and to attack and literally absorb and thus destroy any bacteria or germs that may exist. Anything thdt increases the leucocytes increases power to resist disease, in othcr words immunity to diwasc. The effect on the 11unll)e of leucocytes of the inj~ction of a pr~para~i of sodium salicylntca and sodium iotlid is 2.: 101- of sodium salicylntca and sodium iotlid is 2.: 101- IwJ'~)rr i r~ j~~t rpectircly 5j00,;UIJU,ci.',UU, GSiJI, CiOU0,,40W ; !:urn- her aCtcr irijections respectively 16,000, 15,000, 2OO.'W)o, lti,WO, 20,00O,lS,000. This indicates that such an injection increases the leucocytes two to tlirec times and in some measure, perhops not ill the same de,me, increases the defensive pow- ers of the body agninst the disease. It ~oul seem that if the intravenons injection effects 3 cure after the disease is in the body, it would create temporary immunity if given to a person before he catches the influenza or pneumonia Just how long the immunity would last is- not certain; for no study of the permanency of the il~crease of leucocytes has been published.

In order that there be no mistakes made we would state that such an administration of a medicine should be made by a physician, with an all-glass syringe, and should not be attempted by a layman;-for there are dangers from im-proper or insufficient measures for sterilization of instruments, the skin, etc. As the publishers of this magazine do not wish to handle any remedies, we suggest gratuitously that a spe-cialty of intravenous preparations is made by the New York Intravenous Laboratory, 110 East Twenty-third Street, Sew Fork, and that almost any such preparation can be obtained from them through a pharmacist for use by a physician only.

The person who suggested the iv jesus line is really injecting it in there, cuz it's not really there. Sorry, i am too tired to correct the scanned text. It gives you the general idea, though.

S

• glenster
    glenster

Thanks for the evidence. Things get slanted on this one way or the other sometimes, and I don't see any need to. I'm getting a pretty consistent picture about the JWs leaders when it comes to them making their 144,000 exclusiveness and distinctive rules sound sure-fire without the writer I quoted needing to exaggerate with editorial. I see where they got the idea about intravenous medicine, and they have a basic point that the Bible intends ideas about God, not medicine, providing a better time to come, though.

The most unusual thing about it is that I thought the Golden Age was mostly against the medical profession. Oh, wait--I read it again. He's suggesting you inject something to increase white blood cells to combat the flu. Things are back to normal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit