WTS - UN/NGO = Damage limitation started

by kimberly 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• kimberly
    kimberly

I could kick myself about all this. I read the Guardian EVERY day and yet Monday, because I was late for work, I didn't bother to buy it. Now I can't help thinking, if only I'd bought a copy on Monday, shown it to my family (innocently, of course) and then let them have their own doubts.

There's no point now of course, because although it wasn't mentioned during the book study, afterwards it became a topic of conversation. And all that was said was - 'Of course the society has to use organisations like this to further the kingdom work, it's just APOSTATES trying to stir it up - it's no big deal'. So even before any of the details could be discussed, it was dismissed as the work of the Devil. Hypocrisy, double-standard, shady dealings - no such words were even mentioned.

And I can bet that's what's going on all over the country. The society don't want to have to make any official announcements about this, so what they're doing is sending word out in this way - 'It's not our fault that we've been caught out as lying hypocrites in cahoots with the Beast - blame the APOSTATES!'

So, all my family are happy that nothing untoward has been done by the society, no one will ask any further questions or do any more research for fear of being labelled an apostate, and the society manages to keep a firm grip.

I really thought this could be the BIG one (sadly, I was even fantasizing how my family would have to face up to what a pile of crap the WTS is) but nothing's changed.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Please let me try and get some official documentation from the United Nations DPI - that is the real killer.

Please just hold on for a while - okay.

hawk

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

No matter what the dubs do at this point, they cant erase the public record that shows they WERE a member for TEN YEARS. Deny all they want to...its there. Web sites only reflect what is written on hard copy for all the world to see. Dont be discouraged.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

What matters is NOT what the WTBST says/does with respect to this.

What matters is what the UN does. I am sending the Watchtower Library 1999 on CD rom to the NGO dept. to be used in their investigation.

Phone conversations and correspondence will be used to streamline their approach so as to get the full effect.

Who gives a poop what the GB spout/do. Let's set the "beast" on them.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Bible examiner,

The investigation is over. However, I urge you to send the CD anyway as we discussed. Just so the DPI has it in thier files.

hawk

• Simon
    Simon

I'll try and get the scanned copy of the Guardian article up in the next few days Kimberley if that is any help and for anyone else who missed it.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Kimberly,

I'm sorry you've missed the Guardian

edition for Monday 8th...but if you like a photocopy

of all the page (9) with all, or with the specific

topic, just e-mail me your address.

I do believe that a " photocopy " from the newspaper

can make a better impression. Otherwise ask Simon

for a " scanned copy "!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

"The truth is out there"..

I don't think even the WTBTS can cover up something with the UN.. There are documents, and hopefully the UN itself will still acknoledge via phone (followed by documentation preferably) that the WTBTS was indeed a voluntarily associated NGO from 1991 to 2001..

If the above happens, then the question to ask the witnesses would be why did the Watchtower suddenly resign their position as an NGO in 2001? Why did they cover it up for 10 years? How come the GB knew about it, allowed it to go on for so long, without a peep to the R&F, and then suddenly withdraw when people started asking questions about it?

I dont' think all is lost, and I'm confident that people working on this issue will get the concrete evidence to show R&F if they are sooo inclined to listen to the evidence...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit