Watchtowe Will Acquiesce and Conform to Segregation

by zack 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zack
    zack

The "Illuminators" book, the one that pioneers receive at their Pioneer Service School, and with which I was handsomely blessed by "God's Loving

Organization", contains a section on Ceaser's Laws and their relationship to "God's" people. One fascinating gem, which was a revelation at the time to me,

was the fact that if the law of the land called for segregation by class or race of people, the Society would conform. This means that if Jim Crow or Apartheid was

the law in the USA, blacks and whites and hispanics would be segregated into different congregations based on their race. Technically, that would mean Sam Herd couldn't

live in the same digs as the other GB or be in a congo with his white GB brethren. This was shocking to many there. The WTS would disregard principle for expediency. Gasp!

This particular unit of study was presided over by Charles Jackson, a District Overseer, who is himself black.

Zack-----

• sir82
    sir82

There's a Questions From Readers in a Watchtower from sometime in the 50's raising this same issue, asking why the congregation in the US South were segregated. I've seen that article posted here somewhere.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Need proof please. Can you produce a scan of the particular section in the 'Illuminators' book you refer to?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Is it the statement that asks:

"Why would you as a Christian not oppose legal social distinctions imposed by the secular authority? (1 Tim. 6:1, 2; Titus 2:9, 10)" (p. 172)

These scriptures concern slavery and the acceptance thereof, in which slaves are instructed to be obedient to their masters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit