Strangers at your KH...

by lavendar 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• lavendar
    lavendar

I was wondering this........at your (former or present) Kingdom Halls, do you ever have people (from off the street) attend a meeting? I mean, do people (that nobody knows at the hall) just show up to see what a meeting is all about? If so, how is that person(s) received? Are they welcomed?

Thanks,

Lavendar

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

Hi Lavendar, the witnesses are usually delighted when a stranger shows up to check out the meeting. they will be all over you -- seriously, your new best friends. people refer to it as "love bombing" and you can be assured that you will get a lot of that if you seem at all interested and positive toward the witnesses.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Yeah, they love you until they find out you don't believe in the lies that they believe in. Then they turn it off just like a switch!!

nj

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Never experienced it personally, but I'm sure everyone would be running around like headless chickens drooling over "new meat".

• Honesty
    Honesty

I showed up at an out of town (Iwas on a business trip) kingdumb hell once in street clothes.

Man, you talk about suspicious people.

I got thirty questions inside two minutes.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Many years ago I showed up at a Sunday meeting in a Houston suburb and was totally ignored. I even got up the nerve to answer a WT question. After the meeting I took my time getting my things together to leave. One brother smiled at me. No one spoke. I left and never went back.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In the nearly 20 years I have been a Witless, I can count the number of times I may have seen new people in the Kingdumb Hell on the fingers of my left foot. I don't think people just walk off the streets and go into these buildings without someone inviting them.

In a church, this is much more common. People are much more likely to walk into a church uninvited than into a Kingdumb Hell. I wonder if this is because the churches are more mainstream and the Witlesses are a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit