Expensive lawyers, JWs, Moonies, oh my!

by ithinkisee 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

There is a group called Word of Faith Fellowship (WOFF) in Spindale, North Carolina.

From this article about WOFF:

Whaley and her followers are warring against a mother for custody of her four minor children. The alleged "cult leader" has apparently decided that some parents can’t leave her church with their family intact.

Of course, as I read through the inner workings of these groups, there are many things that sound eerily familiar to me. In this article about his case with the Word of Faith Fellowship in Spindale, North Carolina it talks about a very expensive lawyer named Dick Anthony that specializes in defending cults (like Scientologists, Moonies, Branch Davidians, and the previously-mentioned Word of Faith Church).

Of course, as I read the article I stumble across another one of Dick's clients - The Watchtower Society.

He's not cheap either. Which is too bad because they lost the case anyways.

Nice to know the donations to the worldwide work and disaster relief insurance checks are going to expensive $3500/day lawyers.

No wonder the Internet is strongly discouraged by so many of these groups. Not sure how I would have found that cult-connection otherwise.

It's tough being a cult in the information age.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

A site about The Scientology Cult

you might find interesting

http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit