"Cut Off" Orchestra?

by brinjen 4 Replies latest jw friends

• brinjen
    brinjen

I was watching a TV show last week called 'The Chaser's War On Everything". For those who don't live in Australia it's a political satire program.

One of their sketches was award ceremonies such as the Oscars & the orchestra that cuts off the long and boring acceptance speeches. They showed some scenarios where it might be useful to have one of those orchestras with you in real life.

They then showed a sketch where you see a man in his house answering the door, there are 2 men in suits with "Hello, we're Jehovah's Witnesses....." you guessed it, and orchestra cuts them off and they admit defeat and leave.

I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions where they think the cut off orchestra would be useful?

• erandir
    erandir

That sounds hilarious. Thanks for the funny mental picture.

Reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons we saw a few years ago when Marge is describing how lonely she was, so lonely that she once invited JWs in to talk for 3 hours, but that they escaped when she went to the kitchen for drinks or something. My wife looked at each other and burst out laughing when we saw that.

Erandir

• brinjen
    brinjen

Reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons we saw a few years ago when Marge is describing how lonely she was, so lonely that she once invited JWs in to talk for 3 hours, but that they escaped when she went to the kitchen for drinks or something. My wife looked at each other and burst out laughing when we saw that.

I remember that episode, they did another later on where Marge bought a new door bell and desperate to hear it being pressed she waited by the door and gets excited when she sees Jehovah's Witnesses approaching her door. Just as their walking up the path, one of the dubs asks the other whether they really should be doing this, forcing their beliefs on others. They decide to 'get real jobs' and walk off throwing their watchtowers away. Marge is left at the door mumbling " I would have faked interest".

• erandir
    erandir

oh yeah...i remember that episode too...i lmao on that one.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions where they think the cut off orchestra would be useful?

In the middle of long-winded posts by JCanon?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit