• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

WT 2005 07/15 p15

Has the number of anointed Christians been sealed? We

know Jehovah has chosen 144,000 of his faithful servants to

rule in heaven (Revelation 14:3)

In the past

some have speculated that this number was sealed in 1935. But would

this be a reasonable conclusion? Well, would it be in accord with Jehovah's righteous

principles to "cut off" the heavenly calling? Clearly, it would not. (Ezra 7:24) It seems

likely then that this great gathering work will continue, not only for the great crowd who

have the earthly hope, but also for their brothers and sisters with a heavenly calling.

(Ephesians 2:46)

Does it not make our hearts glad when we read of Jehovah's loving

provisions in this time of the end?

O.K. So I looked it up and the WT I have is not the same is this, so what's up? What is the right WT, I don't understand, why is the reference not accurate? I found this on watchers of the WT.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

At a guess someone was re-writing JW words for fun.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I'm just pissed that people put crap like that on this site, I mean if you could verify if it's true why lie? When people do that all it does is it gives ammo to the WT. I thought I could trust most of the things I find on Watchers, it's the first thing I verify, to be able to use it and it's crap, I am very pissed!!!

• brinjen
    brinjen

Get that crap out of here!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Is it possible that the discrepancy is in the actual watchtower vs.bound volume vs.CD Rom? The watchtower society has changed words in bound volumes and CD's to conflict what was in actual print in the magazines. Perhaps this quote was pulled from the CD, and it doesnt match the bound volume because of this.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I think it may be an example of satire. Literal-mindedness can get us into trouble.

Nvr

• jgnat
    jgnat

Another example of satire, "Are Cats for True Christians?" http://www.dbhome.dk/carlo/cat.htm

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

I sometimes find myself actually sticking up for the WT in the face of stuff like this.

I mean, there are so jmany perfectly reasonable and valid reasons to be critical of the WT why stain one's credibility by falsifying?

It MUST be satire!

Roller

• penny2
    penny2

I've checked my CD-ROM and there is nothing like this in that particular WT. If you read the words carefully, it's not how the WTS would phrase it.

You have to double-check everything you read on the internet. While JWD was down, I looked at some other sites and found some information which was completely wrong. It's annoying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit