Keep searching..and it will be revealed? Or intellectual suppression?

by The Dragon 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

If this is true...and the truth can be found if we search hard enough...

Is that the same as saying we are able to find out God's thoughts and plans if we keep trying?

How so when we cannot even totally know another humans thoughts and plans unless they decide to share them?

Lets say we did find something...how would we even know for sure it was right and not just another guess?

On this subject..all we really have is questions and guesses...with the subject having and holding all the answers..while we sit down here and argue and kill one another over who is right and wrong in their guesses...

Why is this information being withheld..is it for power and superiority over us? Or is it to protect the freedom we have from our ignorance?

If this information was suddenly released to everyone for free...what would be the results?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Dragon,

So big a question - I cannot even begin to formulate a decent answer. In the old Hollywood Bible epics, it seemed pretty clear whom God favored and who wound up in the drink - Pharaoh's army, in the "Ten Commandments." Well, that was in the screenplay, adapted from the Bible, of course.
    My first hurdle was coming to grips with shattered faith vis-a-vis Watch Tower lies and corruption. Next step: in-depth study of the Bible. Am I a follower of the OT or the NT? Can I have a personal relationship with Jesus? Are the recorded occurrences genuine? Ad infinitum....
    My only solution is to deal with one question at a time. Must maintain a level of sanity. I do feel that there are realities and that there are conjecture and speculation. Likewise, there is an abundance of anecdotal information, which seems to prove to the holder thereof that 'it's just gotta be true!'
    Minds greater than ours have come to no verifiable conclusions. Yet, that doesn't seem to stop us in our ongoing quest for TRUTH.
    And the search goes on....

Compound-Complex

• Robert222
    Robert222

I think this relates to the topic. I have a hard time with the fact that the buddist, hindu, all the eastern religions were in existence before christianity. I remember reading somewhere that paganism existed first. God originally had no laws for humans. Demons did materialize and have children on earth, and that was the world's normal existence.

The christians "made up" stories from the pagans. Adam and Eve existed in pagan religions under different names. The flood was a natural occurence and the christians adapted the story for the bible. The fact that JWs like to bring up is that catholics made Dec 25 jesus birthday to fit a pagan custom and their original holidays. Again an example of christianity borrowing from pagan practices. Just sort of interesting theories.

I don't know how a JW would answer those theories. They have never explained why god allowed Adam and Eve to introduce sin and imperfection into the world, why he has let the human condition deteriorate. They say to vindicate Jehovahs name. Hmmm.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

Hard to explain what you do not know. Unless you have a good guess...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit