Those JW pins and Jewelry

by AudeSapere 9 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I'm not surprised but I must admit to a little eye roll...

Looking at some photos on my brother's facebook page, I stumbled on a picture of our mother. It took a few cycles thru the photos before I realized that mom has a JW pin on her top.

Not surprising, but wanted to share.

We have not spoken in a long time. For a while she was calling me every couple of weeks from her cell phone in the morning. One day I told her that if the only reason she was calling was to get her time started, please don't call. It's been 9 years. (Where's the eye-rolling emoticon??)

-Aude.

PS: Does the photo show? First time I've tried it since the site changed format.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Not suprised??? My kid came home the other day after being with mom and had a jw.org wristband on! I know it seems stupid to newer folks but anyone in for more than 10 years knows what a huge deal this jewelry is.

I couldn't believe it.... all that talk about golden calves, wearing crosses and idle worship. S'all good now!

pbrow

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    I told an elder and his uber pioneer wife who was wearing those pins, "nice golden calf you are wearing!" They didn't get it....
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    So what's the purpose of JW.org jewellery? Giving a witness? Identifying other JWs? Showing your dedication to your cult?
  • Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    Fitting in....
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Nosferatu - "So what's the purpose of JW-org jewellery? Giving a witness? Identifying other JWs? Showing your dedication to your cult?"

All of the above and more.

Such as selling that kind of swag to help fund the WT Legal Fund.

• steve2
    steve2
    America, land of worldly consumerism, spreads its sparkly and glossy fixtures and add-ons worldwide - and even JWs join in, lost in the irony of it all.
  • fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Nosferatu
    So what's the purpose? Giving a witness? Identifying other JWs? Showing your dedication to your cult?

(Numbers 15:38, 39) . . .and they are to put a blue string above the fringed edge of the skirt. 39 ‘You must have this fringed edge so that you will see it and remember all the commandments of Jehovah and observe them. . . .

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever

Why not use a purple triangle instead?....

• out4good4
    out4good4

When those buttons first came out, one of my in-laws made a big show of coming over to my home and giving one to my wife.

The look on my face must have said it all as that button haven't moved past her jewelry box.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit