Russian JWs in the hood!

by Bstndance 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

I spotted two Russian speaking JWs doing street witnessing in my neighborhood. I was going to say something as I walked by but didn't know if they were actually Russian or Americans that speak Russian. There would have been a lot of confusion.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"Americans that speak Russian"- hmmm, sound like double agents recruited by the borg!

• Arthur
    Arthur

I once knew a sister who learned Russian and went to serve in one of the Russian congregations in Los Angeles. From what I understand, there has been significant JW success in the LA area Russian communities. Your encounter does not surprise me.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Come to think of it. I don't think I've ever bumped into English congregation JWs in LA. At my old apartment in the valley some dubs came to the door and asked me in fluent, non-accent English, "Does anyone speak Spanish?" When I answered no, they left. I guess the borg thinks immigrants are more vunerable.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

One of my twins speaks fluent Spanish. She has moved to a Spanish congregation. *sigh* The other twin told my hubby that her sister had went to a convention for Spanish speaking JW's in KC last week. They never tell us when they are on the road. This upsets me, but what can I say. They're grown!

I remember trying to figure out how to get both twins out of the car at the same time. I was so scared to leave one in the car. I'd try to rush inside the house put one on the couch and then rush back outside and get the other! I'd be panicked stricken the whole time! I guess I can't explain it; but now, they are both gone to the borg!

The other twin is learning how to speak Vietnamese (I can't even spell it!). *sigh*

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Just thinking, I like Russian rap music, so maybe I should learn how to speak Russian. It'll keep my mind on something else!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

This is one of my favorite Russian rap songs. http://youtube.com/watch?v=J13Vefq8qiQ

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

There's a large Russian population in Sacramento, and I've seen the Russian-language Hall (it's over in the Arden neighborhood, between Hurley and Northrup--if you're in Sactown).

I'd expect them to have a congo in W. Sac, too, because that's where a large Russian-language population lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit