Concerned.

by SPAZnik 9 Replies latest jw friends

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Just need to say this.

Today someone I love like a son is meeting with the elders. He seems to need closure. I've been there. He thinks there's a possibility they may charge him with apostasy for his questioning attitude.

I'm nervous for him (habitual concern for his emotional/psychological wellbeing, though he is a tried and true grown man and will be okay whatever happens). All he's known for his entire life, is the JW way. But he's intelligent and capable and has been questioning some things for a long while.

His (df'd) wife is by his side on his stance. Which I totally respect.

I just needed to say these things. The whole thing may turn out to be anti-climactic, but I just need to redirect my nervous energy about it here for a moment. Thanks for listening.

• Scully
    Scully

(((( SPAZnik ))))

You're a good friend.

• free2think
    free2think

((((((((((((((SPAZnik)))))))))))))

I hope it all works out for your friend and he gets the closure he needs.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here. Pop some bubble wrap.

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/popnow.shtml

Work off some of that nervous energy.

• bernadette
    bernadette

(((Spaznik)))

Glad he's got you and his wife supporting him and looking out for him.

• free2think
    free2think

Hey that was fun, I know it was for SPAZnik but I couldn't resist. Thanks Jgnat

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

LOL - thx you guys. i knew you'd "get it".

• Snowcrash
    Snowcrash

He's got a supporting wife and a good friend in you, and that's something he'll need. Hang in there. It doesn't seem like it when it happens, but being disfellowshipped by the JW's is like the IRS telling you they don't want your money anymore. I'm sure he'll eventually come to that conclusion.

Edit: Or whichever agency collects your taxes in whichever nation you happen to live in.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

SPAZnik, You are a true friend, a new life awaits him. The concern will turn into happiness for him.

Blueblades

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

He decided not to give them that kind of power over him. He didn't go.

:)

I'm not sure if they'll df him in absentia or just let him keep flying under the radar, bugging him every time there's a CO Visit to remind them to attempt to fleece the flock at least twice a year.

Doesn't matter.

He said, among other things, he realized he wasn't going to get the answer he's looking for, so why set himself up.

He sounded good with it; and rational. Everything I could have wished for.

Happiness indeed!

Thanks again you guys for being there to listen when I needed it. Sometimes it can be a challenge to sit back and watch and wait, while people go through something like these kinds of intense choices/changes. I get a little emotional and it's all too easy to say or do something which could be misinterpreted, doing more harm than good. Having you there to vent to really helped me keep my cool. Thx again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit