Wish this were the other way round...

by bluebell 3 Replies latest social relationships

• bluebell
    bluebell

I met up with someone I used to know but lost contact with about 3m ago - I saw her in the street and struck up a conversation, mentioned that I didn't go to meetings any more and it turned out that she didn't either.

Anyhow, have been keeping in touch with the odd phone call and text but her bro died last month. He had just started studying (they were all bought up as dubs but their father used to beat them up) and got baptised at the last assembly.

All the dubs have rallied round (remember she is inactive, hasn't been to meeting for 3 years maybe) seeing that she is at a low point and have been love bombing her. It was their lack of love and understanding about depression that made her leave in the first place.

Unfortunately her "worldy" friends haven't been quite so understanding and haven't been supporting her in her loss. I just hope this doesn't go where it seems to - that she goes back. When I found out he'd died I phoned immediately and she came round for a meal but I'm just one against all of them and I wish I knew her "worldy" friends so I could give em a kick up the arse!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

You sound like a really good friend. Stay there offering your friendship when their drama-love-bombing moves onto another victim and then she will know who who truly cares.

• free2think
    free2think

I know it sounds harsh but they will soon get sick of the love bombing and go back to their old ways, and she will see they are just the same as always. You're a good friend bluebell.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

The JW's will soon go back to their own lives and forget about your friend. You sound like a wonderful person just carry on caring

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit