Tears for VA TECH....

by ex-nj-jw 5 Replies latest social current

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I found out late last night and this morning that 2 of the students at VA Tech that are among the deceased are very close to me.

1 young man 20 years old in his Sophmore year for Mechanical Engineering and son of a coworker

1 young man, childhood friend of my 19 year old son, played little league football, baseball and basketball since age 5 was the other. His mother and I remain good friends and I will be going to her home today to offer my condolences.

As I type this message my eyes are tearing up and tears falling down my face, this could have been my child, he was like my child, spent many of nights at my home, many meals together that will be no more. My son turned down the offer from VA Tech to go to VA State, I don't believe in god, but I'm so thankfull that he did not go because he would have likely been in the same class as his friend (same major).

I know I'm rambling on, but my heart is aching as so much has happend in my life over the past two weeks, it seems that sometimes I can't hold it together and just when I think I have a grip, something else happens

nj

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Awwwwww, How sad :( :( :( :(((((( I was wondering if this tragedy would touch anyone here. I am so shocked and sad by it too. I just don't get it at all. (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS for you and your friends))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I'm so sorry .........I know what you mean when you said your son's friend was like your own . This kind of violence is so incomprehensible. Your care for their son will surely be a comfort to his family .

• forsharry
    forsharry

I'm so sorry to hear for your losses...it's just...i can't wrap my brain around it yet. :(

We've been hit hard here too...I have friends at Tech...one of my friends lost two of his professors...and my best friend's cousin is still missing. No word, and he was in the Norris building in class at the time of the attack.

I don't know what else to say. i'm so sorry. :(

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

I'm very sorry that this senselss tragedy had peraonally touched any of you (((hugs to all of you))). I did want to say that if any one wants to leave a personal message, please go to Roanoke.com - scroll down on the left side and you will find a 'guest book' where you can leave a personal message.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Thanks to those who responded to my thread with support. It does mean a lot when you put your feelings out and others reach out to you!

Thanks again.

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit